Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Options and Add-ons Question

I have crawled through every boat out there and researched and researched and have settled on Caymas and the CX 20, I go in Friday to order and I think I know what I want as far as options and add-ons but thought I would ask here in case there is something I am just over looking. So my question is what is an option or add-on you wished you would have gotten and conversly is there an option/add-on that you got but now don't think you need?

2. Member
    Get a hydraulic jack plate, high speed live well pick up, and TH Marine pro air system
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    Get a hydraulic jack plate, high speed live well pick up, and TH Marine pro air system
    I like the high speed pick up but I am not gonna lie I'm not sure if I would actually use it, we just don't make huge runs here my longest run on a tournament day is probably like 40 minutes. Do you find yourself using it alot?

High speed pickup is a great selling feature, but not one I’d need. Plus it’s most likely a small amount of draft which will take away top end speed if I had to guess. I would definitely add on the keel guard. Trailer steps up front is extremely nice too for the sake of entering/exiting the boat up front. A cover can be handy & useful. Power poles wouldn’t factor in for me as the ghost TM would serve its purpose for spot lock & not having poles would also give you a bump in top end speed.

Good luck and enjoy your boat!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kjack_74 View Post
    I like the high speed pick up but I am not gonna lie I'm not sure if I would actually use it, we just don't make huge runs here my longest run on a tournament day is probably like 40 minutes. Do you find yourself using it alot?
    Every tournament I fish I use it, I’m on my third Caymas and my fourth one will have it. As mentioned the entry step ladder is worth every dime as well.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Every tournament I fish I use it, I’m on my third Caymas and my fourth one will have it. As mentioned the entry step ladder is worth every dime as well.
    I always said you would never see a trailer step on the front of my boat, never say never!! Absolutely best option I put on my Caymas rig for sure!!

7. Member
    Yeah the trailer step is an option I will be adding for sure. Is anyone adding the trim wedges from Bob's to their CX 20's?

8. Member
    Yeah the trailer step is an option I will be adding for sure. Is anyone adding the trim wedges from Bob's to their CX 20's?
    Mine does not need them, does fine without.

9. Member
    Not a fan of the high speed pick up. It causes slight drag and in Florida I don't like the idea of pumping hot 90 degree surface water into my live well.

I like the TH marine pro air add on, hydraulic jack plate and air circulation fan.
    Brad Krone

10. Member
    I did not get the trailer step and wish I did. Does anyone know if I can order one and install myself?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by papatuel View Post
    I did not get the trailer step and wish I did. Does anyone know if I can order one and install myself?
    Yes sir, no big deal at all!!

12. Member
    Trick step makes a great step and the owners are great supporters of the industry.

https://trickstep.com/

13. Member
    I probably wouldn’t get the viper gauge- live well cameras big waste, still not sure if fuel gauge is accurate after update . Mega 360 not helping me a lot- I have t got forward sonar yet but if I ordered today I’d ditch the 360 and viper and go with panoptix

14. Member
    I have crawled through every boat out there and researched and researched and have settled on Caymas and the CX 20, I go in Friday to order and I think I know what I want as far as options and add-ons but thought I would ask here in case there is something I am just over looking. So my question is what is an option or add-on you wished you would have gotten and conversly is there an option/add-on that you got but now don't think you need?
    Pro package and hydraulic plate.

15. Member
    Thanks everyone really appreciated the input, boats all ordered now I just have to figure out how to deal with the waiting

16. Member
    Thanks everyone really appreciated the input, boats all ordered now I just have to figure out how to deal with the waiting
    Congratulations!!

17. Member
    I did not get the trick step, I figure I can always add it if I need to, will see how easy it is to get out of the boat form the bow first.

18. Member
    I added Boat EFX trailer steps. They are simple to install and solid as a rock. Plus they don't add any length to the trailer when the tongue is folded in.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I did not get the trick step, I figure I can always add it if I need to, will see how easy it is to get out of the boat form the bow first.
    Do yourself a favor and go ahead and have them added, you will be sorry if you don’t.

20. Member
    Same here. Had my dealer get one and install it. Super easy bolt on addition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast