Vexus AVX181 Opinions?

Anyone running a Vexus AVX181 with 70 Yamaha or 75 Mercury have any comments good or bad?
    Last edited by Boat4Life; 08-21-2021 at 02:23 PM.

2. Member
    I run an AVX181 with a suzuki 70...5 yr warranty. I have a 115 mercury on another boat and haven't been too happy with it--it's had issues. I've had no issues with the suzuki. Lets just say that a 70hp outboard is never going to just fly, BUT i will say it def does the job and planes very quickly. i'm very happy with the size of the boat and i use it on my lake, so i don't trailer it much.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brendelfish View Post
    I run an AVX181 with a suzuki 70...5 yr warranty. I have a 115 mercury on another boat and haven't been too happy with it--it's had issues. I've had no issues with the suzuki. Lets just say that a 70hp outboard is never going to just fly, BUT i will say it def does the job and planes very quickly. i'm very happy with the size of the boat and i use it on my lake, so i don't trailer it much.
    Thanks for the reply, but I purchased the AVX1880 with a 115 Yamaha instead. I didn't need the extra foot of boat but wanted the 115 hp, only been out 3 times and so far this Vexus is awesome!

4. Member
    My 181 had the 75 Merc. It performs fine for me. Tops out 42-43. Gets on plane quickly, and handles great.
    I’m very happy with it and have no regrets.