Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

On the Covid front...

I've never even heard of this. It sounds like it's not the shot. Anybody know anything about this?

https://www.kltv.com/2021/08/13/9-co...-across-texas/

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

2. Banned
    Haven't heard about it, but good for Texas

3. Member
    Those are the treatments that if administered within a certain period of time from onset really help you get over it.

Pretty sure that the regeneron is what the president was given last year when he was infected.

4. Member
    Pretty sure its regeneron. Most treatments only work with 2 to 3 days of 1st symptoms I believe.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

5. Member
    All this, just to avoid saying you got the shot, absolute madness. People are just plain nutz
    Risen From The Ashes!!

6. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix919 View Post
    All this, just to avoid saying you got the shot, absolute madness. People are just plain nutz
    Yes sir.

Dale Sinclair original

Evidently it's a treatment for people who have tested positive, so I guess it would work for those that have and those that haven't gotten the shot. Guess I just don't get your comment.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    My neighbor's mom n dad had covid and they were given these infusion so I'm guess it's the same thing we have here in Louisiana
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

There is nothing in that article that suggests its just to avoid getting the shot. It is a therapeutic aide for those that get infected with or without being vaccinated.

Stop and think about the big picture...Texas is the size of some countries with 30M residents. That is one reason for a lower than average. vaccine rate. Our governor has pushed the vaccines hard since Day 1. Back in January when the vaccines hit the field he got his and it was broadcast live in order to show people it was safe.
    We have over 600 hospitals in Texas and right now only 10% are hitting capacity. We have a healthcare personnel shortage about 25% below what we need and its been that way for a while. That is also playing a bit part in some of this here as we simply do not have enough healthcare workers. Its not all simply people refusing to get the vaccine. We have 10,000 people hospitalized with COVID out of 30M people. Not all 10,000 are in ICU or on vents either. COVID is real, its serious and I would like to see the vaccination rate get better but its not simply a matter of people refusing to get it.

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    All this, just to avoid saying you got the shot
    Where does it say that??

I see this as another tool in the box to help fight it.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    Yep. Why trust the cure if you don't trust the prevention?
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

My dad is 80 years old and is/was vaccinated and caught Covid. He was in pretty bad shape but luckily enough, they gave him this infusion and in a couple of days he was like a new person. I honestly don’t think he would have made it through without it. Really glad to see they are starting to wake up and use it and hopefully it will help others make it thru this dreaded virus.

Hey Bryan…advice on achieving that “clean break” situation?

They have been giving these infusions since before the vaccine. Some of ya'll are trying to make it out to be an alternative to the vaccine and its simply not. Its a therapeutic tool to help manage an infection.

15. Member
    Hopefully this doesn't stop people from getting the vaccine because of a false sense of security...The antibody treatment has to be used early in the cycle and is 1500 bucks a dose....I believe once your O2 levels drop and at a certain point with a fever you cant get the anti bodies..It was too late for me..
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 08-13-2021 at 07:56 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    Yep. Why trust the cure if you don't trust the prevention?
    Can you highlight the part of that article or show any proof that its only for the unvaccinated or was that just a weak attempt to stir the COVID pot just a bit more? Its pretty clear that its NOT a replacement for the vaccine and Texas has been using it for almosta year. Other states all across the country use it also.

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/stat...ming-available

Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    Hopefully this doesn't stop people from getting the vaccine because of a false sense of security...The antibody treatment has to be used early in the cycle and is 1500 bucks a dose....
    A million doses were given to Texas for free from the manufacturer.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    This is the same treatment given to Trump. It has to be delivered by IV and these centers avoid filling hospital beds with what can be delivered via an outpatient treatment-assuming your symptoms aren’t yet severe. Once well you will want to be vaccinated because monoclonal antibodies prevent your body from producing your own antibodies and after a few weeks the monoclonal antibodies are defunct.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    A million doses were given to Texas for free from the manufacturer.
    That's great...Didnt see that in the article...but these guys say "Nothing is free "...
    Its the treatment direction we wanted to go but my Pulse Ox numbers were 83 when I was admitted so it was too late..Had to go wth the Anti Viral infusions and high dose O2
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 08-13-2021 at 08:11 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    This is the same treatment given to Trump. It has to be delivered by IV and these centers avoid filling hospital beds with what can be delivered via an outpatient treatment-assuming your symptoms aren’t yet severe. Once well you will want to be vaccinated because monoclonal antibodies prevent your body from producing your own antibodies and after a few weeks the monoclonal antibodies are defunct.

I think that is what threw some of us off by the two posters saying it was a replacement for the vaccine when its not.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast