Fishing this weekend

Where is everybody fishing?

I will be on Buffalo (WL CO Lake) on Sat and Elsmore (BB CO Lake) on Sunday.

2. Member
    fishing from the couch... recovering from covid after a week in the hospital... much better now though.

3. Member
    Good news !!

Quote Originally Posted by catchatoad View Post
    fishing from the couch... recovering from covid after a week in the hospital... much better now though.
    Wow, glad you are doing better.

Buffalo was decent. Had 5 for 10lbs 10oz.
    Elsmore was a little more stingy. Only had two for little over 5lbs.
    Caught lots of fish at both places but most were in the 10 to 13 inch range.

6. Member
    Fished Stockton both days. Saturday only 2 shorts and one over 4lbs. Sunday more fish but no big ones.

7. Member
    Decided to try Madison to see if it still completely sucks, it does.
    Water was 80*, an inch or two above full pool, with 2' visibility, and perfect weather.

Wasted 1st half of the day trying everything from top-water to c-rigs and drop shots in 0-20' of water.
    Finally found the only pattern that worked was punching the weeds growing off the bank in <2' of water, but only ones on mud bottom in the shallowest of coves.

At least caught 5 but biggest was only 2-2
    plus a 6lb drum.
    2015 VT 17 w/ 75 4stroke Merc
    Garmin 106sv, Echomap Plus 73sv, & LVS34
    & lots of fish ;)

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by one-over-par View Post
    Decided to try Madison to see if it still completely sucks, it does.
    Water was 80*, an inch or two above full pool, with 2' visibility, and perfect weather.

Wasted 1st half of the day trying everything from top-water to c-rigs and drop shots in 0-20' of water.
    Finally found the only pattern that worked was punching the weeds growing off the bank in <2' of water, but only ones on mud bottom in the shallowest of coves.

At least caught 5 but biggest was only 2-2
    plus a 6lb drum.
    what the hell happened to that lake so quick? It was the cats meow with a ton of bit fish a few years back and now it's gone to hell that quickly?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    what the hell happened to that lake so quick?
    There is still a crap load of bluegill, they tried to hit every soft plastic we threw. lol

Not fishing there the last few years much, I don't know what happened.
    I would bet there was a significant fish kill or something that happened at the end of 2019.
    It reflects on KDWP's electro-shock findings.
    (although in my opinion they were 3 weeks to late when they shocked, since that year the water was close to 70* by the time they got to Madison) if I'm remembering right.
    Madison FF.jpg

I just hope they don't completely ruin Madison like they did Moline New City Lake.

Moline would be what I consider my home lake (even though it's 1.5 hours away, we would go every week or even twice a week on an evening from 1987-2000)
    I've fished it for almost 40years since I was 3-4 yo catching crappie off the dam with minnows.
    Here is it's electro stats...
    Moline FF.jpg

*The downfall started in '05 with CFAP.... To many non "anglers" started showing up.
    *Then KDWP decided there was too many bass (yes it was over populated with small fish! but you could still catch a 5-6lb bass)

at this point a slot limit meant nothing... we watched morons keep and take home every fish they caught.

*Then KDWP stocked them stupid Saugeye... I don't care what they say about them not competing with bass, it started a huge down turn in the bass population.

*I think the biggest single item that has hurt the lake, is the lack of maintaining the lake as a whole.
    (almost the upper half has silted in so much its just a large mud flat) Sometime around 20 years ago they dug out the upper end which helped. But they left the two giant piles of dirt in the lake... it only took two years for them to erode right back across the bottom filling it in.
    There is zero reasons to go to Moline now to catch bass, but they did just put in a new boat ramp. lol

The same could be said for Herington New City lake, it got so bad they don't even give stats for Black Bass in the electro-shock report.

All good things never stay the same, I'm just glad I have all those years of memories from bank fishing the dam to my first 2man plastic boat @ 15 and on.
    2015 VT 17 w/ 75 4stroke Merc
    Garmin 106sv, Echomap Plus 73sv, & LVS34
    & lots of fish ;)

Last year was rough on the little lakes. There was a lot more people out fishing. Talked to a guy on Bourbon Co lake and he said last year almost every day the West bank was loaded with people fishing. Taking all they caught home with them also.

11. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    scary stuff! Glad you’re out and on the mend! What did they use for treatment?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    scary stuff! Glad you’re out and on the mend! What did they use for treatment?
    Remdesivir is what I think they had me on... 4 rounds.... finally I'm back to 90-95%

13. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Remdesivir is what I think they had me on... 4 rounds.... finally I'm back to 90-95%
    was wondering if they used that here or not.