94 Intimidator Questions

Hey Guys,

I just bought my first Gambler that is a project boat and would like to get some opinions. I have never been in a Gambler prior to me buying this and running it the first time last week, but has always been a dream boat of mine. So the bad of the boat is it needs new carpet (suggestions on good carpet that wont need altering due to being too thick), rub rail needs to be pulled off and put back on properly (drill out old rivets? anyone know the size of rivets needed for reinstall?), bench seat base needs new padding and wood base (the actual material is in good shape it, the wood base and foam is basically gone though so need suggestions on seat foam/cushion). The only other question i have is the engine is a 1999 200 merc efi and currently has a trophy+ 25p on it, i havent looked at the plugs enough to know what opening they are but they all have what looks to be the same size PVS plugs. Getting on plane with just me is fine, add another person and it is ok at best, add full livewells and gas and it seems like everyone has the same issue of getting on pad, any suggestions on the plugs or what else i could do for a better hole shot? Top end is 68 right now, not sure what the RPM's were though since i was more concentrating on driving while learning it. Also, trying to get the boat on the trailer it bogs down while power loading, can the plug setup help with that as well? Compression is 117-120 on all cylinders.

Sorry for all the questions but thanks for any information!
    Kevin

2. Member
    Buy 8' wide carpet. The best thing I ever did for my 209 is put a 250 on it. I don't have a hole shot now it's on plane instantly. Not sure about the seat internals but Mary K did my seat and did a fantastic job but not cheap $800!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"