Grand Lake Vacation

Headed down to Grand lake sunday and will be there all week. Not sure what to expect I have never been on it. Fish Ozarks a lot and told it fish's a lot like that. Would like to take the kids out for some white bass action to hopefully I am mostly going to target LMB. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance!!

2. Member
    It’s 60+ miles long so it depends on the area. White bass can be caught during the last hour or two in the evening around Governors Island and vicinity. I’ve read that lmb can be hammered at night shallow (2-4 feet) on creature plastics. Early & late I would try some topwater action (my personal favorite)! Daytime most bass are going to be 12-20 and will probably need electronics to find. If none then hit main lake points and try to find some pattern. A big worm, heavy flutter spoon, deep crankbait, jig & trailer are options. Lots of good food by boat…so treat yourself to some. Have fun. Just a warning…Saturday afternoon on the south end can get a little sketchy with huge boats/waves/bad drivers. Just be aware.

3. Member
    Thank you for the information. We will be staying around the summerfield hollow.

4. Member
    topwater first thing in the morning ,big worm,green pumpkin..start on points 6-12 ft...ive seen alot of people catching them shallow on worms..if windy big cranks good luck...
    TrackerUser