Minn Kota Talon Mounts: How do you keep them clean?

I have some older talons and they have like a powder of white film coating on the wings that hold the talons. I have used Bass Boat Cleaner on these arms and they look better but white powder returns as they dry. Any thoughts on what do use to keep them shiny and clean? Advise appreciated.

2. Member
    Wax them, the use BBC on them. Then while they are wet, take a wet rag and wipe them down. See how that works for ya. Me, I use Awesome on them, get it at dollar general and wash them off with a water hose. Works good on tires/wheels also

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RALEIGHCHAMPION210 View Post
    I have some older talons and they have like a powder of white film coating on the wings that hold the talons. I have used Bass Boat Cleaner on these arms and they look better but white powder returns as they dry. Any thoughts on what do use to keep them shiny and clean? Advise appreciated.
    Is it pitted along with white powder or just white powder? You may have an electrolysis problem. Take the top cover off and check the red wire that goes to the stop sensor. Sometime it wares through at the point where it rounds the sharp edge.

4. Member
    not pitted , just a white film

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RALEIGHCHAMPION210 View Post
    not pitted , just a white film
    I have the same film on my brackets where the water line sits, and I have heard a lightly pressured mr clean magic eraser will take it off but I've never tried it.

6. Member
    will try that, thanks

Get some aluminum brightner acid. Mix it 1 part acid 3 parts water. Spray it on with a spray bottle and let it foam for about 30 seconds then rinse with water.do this until film is gone than if you care to you could polish bracket to a nice shine with aluminum polish.

8. Southern BAMA Bassin
    You can use Magic Eraser sponge to clean the brackets and the aluminum colored talon casing. I do it all the time. they just wont stay that way.