Cherokee lake info in early sept.

coming back down to Cherokee sept 6 -10, just looking for some info on lake conditions and best tips for smallies and strippers, any info would be be greatly appreciated. thanks gentlemen

2. Member
    The mornings will be sort of comfortable but mid day the air will get heavy and hot. Smallmouth , for me anyway, will be on points in lower end of lake.
    The smallies will be scattered but mostly 20-25 feet. Hair jigs will be a good choice. Small stuff like neds and shake heads.

Strippers--can't help. Too old for strippers LOL
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopperstopper View Post
    The mornings will be sort of comfortable but mid day the air will get heavy and hot. Smallmouth , for me anyway, will be on points in lower end of lake.
    The smallies will be scattered but mostly 20-25 feet. Hair jigs will be a good choice. Small stuff like neds and shake heads.

Strippers--can't help. Too old for strippers LOL
    thanks for the tip, I'm renting at place up by the 25e bridge, below what mile mark would you suggest starting at?

4. Member
    If you get some overcast, the early topwater should be good. Look for shad. They've started pulling the water down and the bite early and late above 25e has been good as fish are already busting bait balls.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fish365 View Post
    If you get some overcast, the early topwater should be good. Look for shad. They've started pulling the water down and the bite early and late above 25e has been good as fish are already busting bait balls.
    cool thanks, love some topwater

6. Member
    I can't find any dang fish on cherokee, HELP. lol, I tried everything
    2022 1875 Lund Renegade XS
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"