Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canadian Waters Re-Open Today Aug 9th

For anyone planning to visit and wondering about boating in Canadian waters, it is now open. As long as you do not go to land, make contact with another boat or anchor you do not need to provide a negative COVID test or proof vaccine like you would if crossing the boarder at the bridges or tunnel.
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

2. Member
    You might want to take a look at the full statement released by the CBSA. There wasn't any scenario that I saw or read that didn't require you to be fully vaccinated.

If you don't plan to land it appears you can skip the pre-arrival test and uploading your vax info and quarantine plan in the ArriveCan app. You still have to be vaccinated as mentioned above. I'm still calling to make sure. If you are unvaccinated you could be in for an unintended 14 day Canadian vacation at a hotel of THEIR choice or face some stiff fines.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...p-eng.html#s06
    Last edited by SAL321; 08-09-2021 at 05:22 PM.

3. Member
    Calling to be sure would be advised As I read it though, if you do not intend to land or anchor you do not need to be vaccinated.
    https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...p-eng.html#s07

4. Member

5. Member
    This says you cannot currently enter Canadian waters for pleasure fishing. https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...nsit-cdn-water

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piketroller View Post
    This says you cannot currently enter Canadian waters for pleasure fishing. https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...nsit-cdn-water
    This says you can.

Entering Canadian Waters for Leisure Cruising
    You can now enter Canada for leisure and touring, including pleasure fishing, sightseeing and other discretionary purposes (known as loop movements).
    However, you must:

• continuously remain on your boat while in Canadian waters
    • not land in Canada
    • not make contact with another boat
    • not moor or anchor while in Canadian waters

If at any point, you land on Canadian soil, come in contact with another boat or drop anchor, you will be required to report to the CBSA and if you’re eligible to enter Canada, you will become subject to all entry requirements including pre-arrival testing and submitting your mandatory information into ArriveCAN. Travellers engaged in transit or loop movements are not required to report to the CBSA.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erie660 View Post
    This says you can.

You can now enter Canada for leisure and touring, including pleasure fishing, sightseeing and other discretionary purposes (known as loop movements).
    However, you must:

• not land in Canada

If at any point, you land on Canadian soil, come in contact with another boat or drop anchor, you will be required to report to the CBSA and if you’re eligible to enter Canada, you will become subject to all entry requirements including pre-arrival testing and submitting your mandatory information into ArriveCAN. Travellers engaged in transit or loop movements are not required to report to the CBSA.
    If you cannot come in contact with another boat, then how will they check your license, safety equipment or creel limit?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erie660 View Post
    This says you can.

However, you must:

• not land in Canada

What is “this” to which you are referring? Copy and paste jobs on the internet without sources don’t carry much weight.

9. Member
    What is “this” to which you are referring? Copy and paste jobs on the internet without sources don’t carry much weight.
    They copied and pasted from this page
    https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...p-eng.html#s07

10. Member
    It is copied from the link found on the CBSA web site. Anybody who wants to fish Canadian waters would be smart to do their own research or call the proper authorities to ensure they are not breaking any laws.

Yea fakebook is lighting up with all kinds of stuff from you can't to you can un vax'd

and you can bet every Canadian LEO has their take on this as well and I'm not ready to risk it

At this point I'm going to stay on this side of the boarder
    "The handicapped angler"

12. Banned
    I came over to Canada on Mon morning to visit family for the first time in 18 months…Also brought my boat. Went out last night and launched at Mitchell’s bay to fish the Canadian side of St Clair. Was greeted by OPP as soon as I launched and of course they ran my info to make sure I crossed by land. I asked about the article and if Americans can cross over as long as they dont touch or anchor into Canadian waters and they said that is completely false. They said that article could be true in other provinces but not Ontario.

13. Member

No fishing in canada

[QUOTE=sportsnutguy;12032329]I came over to Canada on Mon morning to visit family for the first time in 18 months…Also brought my boat. Went out last night and launched at Mitchell’s bay to fish the Canadian side of St Clair. Was greeted by OPP as soon as I launched and of course they ran my info to make sure I crossed by land. I asked about the article and if Americans can cross over as long as they dont touch or anchor into Canadian waters and they said that is completely false. They said that article could be true in other provinces but not Ontario.[/

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnutguy View Post
    I came over to Canada on Mon morning to visit family for the first time in 18 months…Also brought my boat. Went out last night and launched at Mitchell’s bay to fish the Canadian side of St Clair. Was greeted by OPP as soon as I launched and of course they ran my info to make sure I crossed by land. I asked about the article and if Americans can cross over as long as they dont touch or anchor into Canadian waters and they said that is completely false. They said that article could be true in other provinces but not Ontario.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about

this is meant to be a national policy yet that OPP officer feels or was even was told that his jurisdiction is not going to follow this

I dealt with this when they stopped requiring you to call CanPass I was stopped 2 different times by an OPP and a local Sheriff that had no clue the requirement was lifted

I let all of you be the Guinea pigs
    "The handicapped angler"

15. Member
    It is still illegal to fish Canada if u callcanada customs 519-724-2933 they will tell you . Good luck to the ones that are going

16. Member
    I called that number today. I couldn't get a definitive answer from the guy but he did say I read that too. Also asked what happens after an agency approaches my boat? He said I may need to report and have my ducks in a row. When I asked what would happen when I do not qualify he said I would simply be sent back to the US.
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

Canada is open. Go fish. Should have never been closed to fishing period. Friggin idiot politicians.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

18. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Canada is open. Go fish. Should have never been closed to fishing period. Friggin idiot politicians.
    Call me if you need bail money.

19. Member
    They are snapping. Fished this morning and got off about 1. Morning bite was on but the size wasn't there. Not that many boats (as usual). Never saw any patrol boats.

20. Member
    I just got back from fishing St Clair/Detroit River. 3 out of the 4 days were spent fishing on the Canadian side. I had 4 different Patrol Boats/Canadian Coast Guard/ Local Sheriffs pull right up beside me and even watched me catch a few fish. No one said a word. They just waved and kept moving. Today I spent about 30 mins fishing a point close to a guy and his wife from Wisconsin. No one asked or checked them either.

Is Canada closed? I have no clue. But I can tell you for a fact they didn't care I was there fishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast