Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur311 View Post
    I just got back from fishing St Clair/Detroit River. 3 out of the 4 days were spent fishing on the Canadian side. I had 4 different Patrol Boats/Canadian Coast Guard/ Local Sheriffs pull right up beside me and even watched me catch a few fish. No one said a word. They just waved and kept moving. Today I spent about 30 mins fishing a point close to a guy and his wife from Wisconsin. No one asked or checked them either.

Is Canada closed? I have no clue. But I can tell you for a fact they didn't care I was there fishing.
    Where I go in MN folks are now crossing to fish. Nobody has been hassled to my knowledge. Just don't touch land, another boat or anchor and you are fine. Can't wait to be back in Canada in about a month!

2. Banned
    I would have to believe that the info I got from the OPP here in Canada was wrong information. I see the BFL in Det for next weekend is showing that the Canadian side will be open. I’ve also seen plenty of boats going back and forth and law enforcement not stopping anyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12