Battery suggestions 05 Pro185

I have an 05 185 Pro-

Running a Minn Kota Terova
    Helix 9 Gen4

I have 2-12 volt AGM’s

i am going to add another Helix maybe the 9 or 8 on the Bow- need to probably add another 12 volt AGM-
    any suggestions on how to wire the 3 batteries?

2. Member
    On my boat I have 2 group 31 AGM batteries for the trolling motor and the depthfinders, and 1 group 31 cranking battery for the outboard and livewell pump. Works fine for me.

Is that Terrova a 12 or 24 volt?

It would take a little bit of work, nothing drastic, but you can do what I did and isolate each system to its own respective battery exclusively.

Main battery (usually AGM)- Main outboard and it's respective trim functions. I also wired up and mounted a gauge to monitor the battery voltage to ensure stator charging to the battery is always present while running or just to check general battery health at any given time when key is switch to on.

-Secondary battery (I did a 24V lithium)- Troller with secondary auxiliary battery voltage monitor wired to it. The gauge is shared between the main motor and the troller motor

- Third battery (lithium)- boat electronics, bilge, livewell, lights dual navigations, sonars and panoptix. I retrofitted a quick charge voltmeter dual USB 3.0 so I know what the voltage is and so I can charge phones or my Bluetooth speaker whenever I want.

It's a really nice setup and everything just works independent of each other in perfect synchronous harmony.

If you need further help. I'd be happy to assist or to even provide pictures.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

4. Member
    2 group 27DC Everstarts for the trolling motor and a 29DC for the cranking battery and all other accessories.

5. Member
    The trolling motor is 12volt. I am currently running 2 12 volt group 27 AGM’s

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RambleCamble View Post
    Do you need an extra for your trolling motor or does the one you have now last long enough? Switching your cranking battery to a group 29/31 would be all you really need to do if so, although I would probably want a larger battery for the TM as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RambleCamble View Post
    the fact you have a 12 volt troller really expands the possibilities. You may want to toss a photo up of your current setup just to get a better visual idea of what you are working with back there.
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

8. Banned
    I run 2 group 31s for my tm and a single group 31 for cranking and electronics. Helix 9 mega with 360 at the bow and a helix 7 at the console. Both graphs and 360 are each ran independently to the battery. Look at reserve capacity of the battery. I believe mine are 210 reserve which is about as big as I could find locally

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman90 View Post
    I run 2 group 31s for my tm and a single group 31 for cranking and electronics. Helix 9 mega with 360 at the bow and a helix 7 at the console. Both graphs and 360 are each ran independently to the battery. Look at reserve capacity of the battery. I believe mine are 210 reserve which is about as big as I could find locally
    Typically Reserve Capacity ratings are shown on cheaper batteries. Decent to good AGMs will show an AH or Ampere Hour rating on their batteries instead of RC. The system is a more accurate rating so you can monitor exactly how long they would actually last.
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter