Thread: Sunscreen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Sunscreen

My wife threw out the neutrogena sunscreen that I have used for years. She says there are cancer concerns. She bought some different sunscreen that contained a zinc based ingredient that is difficult to spread. It is sticky. What sunscreen are you using? I had a reaction to Bullfrog (mild rash).

2. Member
    I don't use it anymore, i cover up real good with the summer hoodie plus a full mask, use gloves on my hands. I am 70 so most of the damage has already been done, i hate that sun screen, always used Pre Sun for years.

Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    I don't use it anymore, i cover up real good with the summer hoodie plus a full mask, use gloves on my hands. I am 70 so most of the damage has already been done, i hate that sun screen, always used Pre Sun for years.
    Yep, skin cancer sucks. Cover up.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Garmin Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Ionic lithium batteries

I use sun bum

5. Member
    If the trash hasn't gone out yet, keep the Neutr containers for the lawsuit.

6. Member
    Take a look at Blue Lizard.

Great Value 50 for what its worth Consumers liked it and its cheap. Seems to work. But most of the time I just cover up.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by Missedone View Post
    My wife threw out the neutrogena sunscreen that I have used for years. She says there are cancer concerns. She bought some different sunscreen that contained a zinc based ingredient that is difficult to spread. It is sticky. What sunscreen are you using? I had a reaction to Bullfrog (mild rash).
    The Zinc suncscreen is what I use, my own research and my doctor led me to it. Yes, it is thick and a little bit goes a long ways. However, you could stand on the sun and not get burned with that stuff. Once I figured out how to apply it, it was easy to use.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

9. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Sun Bum is the best

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Missedone View Post
    My wife threw out the neutrogena sunscreen
    I think it was just the aerosol Neutrogena.

11. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Also I hope you mean that it’s just the brand you e been using for years….not the bottle. That stuff goes bad quick

Quote Originally Posted by avid fisherman View Post
    Take a look at Blue Lizard.
    Oh man my dermatologist recently recommended this stuff to me. Gave me a bag full of samples. She said it would be kind of thick. Well that was the understatement of the century. I guarantee you this stuff would turn Lamar Jackson white. A small dab turned me completely snow white with a slight light blue hue kinda. Me and my son were fishing and he couldn't stop laughing. I kind of forgot about it until I went to get the truck that afternoon and saw myself in the mirror. Was wondering why I was getting funny looks at the ramp when we pulled up. Had a hard time getting this off with warm water and soap once I got home. You can bet your azz though you will not get sun burned. Probably only have to apply this stuff about once a month lol.

My favorite all time was the green bottle No-Ad 30. For some reason they discontinued it. I still get it off of ebay. No irritation of eyes or skin and spreads and blends in perfectly. I've tried tons and that was the best stuff ever.

13. Member
    2 types of sunscreen, chemical and physical. The physical form a barrier, it'll have zinc dioxide and will turn you white (Blue Lizard, Elta MD. etc.) and are likely safer. The chemical are the ones that will likely be facing lawsuits in the future, it's basically everything else.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by june-bug View Post
    Oh man my dermatologist recently recommended this stuff to me. Gave me a bag full of samples. She said it would be kind of thick. Well that was the understatement of the century. I guarantee you this stuff would turn Lamar Jackson white. A small dab turned me completely snow white with a slight light blue hue kinda. Me and my son were fishing and he couldn't stop laughing. I kind of forgot about it until I went to get the truck that afternoon and saw myself in the mirror. Was wondering why I was getting funny looks at the ramp when we pulled up. Had a hard time getting this off with warm water and soap once I got home. You can bet your azz though you will not get sun burned. Probably only have to apply this stuff about once a month lol.

My favorite all time was the green bottle No-Ad 30. For some reason they discontinued it. I still get it off of ebay. No irritation of eyes or skin and spreads and blends in perfectly. I've tried tons and that was the best stuff ever.
    thank you for the laugh Hahahaa

I use a Simms upf sweater and gloves and face mask. Dab of zinc on my nose cause I don’t like wearing the mask over my nose with glasses on because I find when I dump lake water on myself to cool off and my mask gets wet the glasses fog up.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

15. Member
    I had a bout with a
    tumor on my cheek that had to be removed This was recommended by doctor.
    easy to use works great
    CETAPHIL Sheer Mineral Sunscreen Stick for Face & Body | 0.5oz | 100% Mineral Sunscreen: Zinc Oxide & Titanium Dioxide | Broad Spectrum SPF 50 | For Sensitive Skin | Dermatologist

matt had great input on this subject.

Sunscreens We've Been Happy With (No Particular Order)...-Elta MD Broad Spectrum Tinted SPF 41-La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF 60-Cotz Flawless Complexion Tinted Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50

17. Member
    Blue Lizard for my face and feet, everything else is usually covered up

18. Banned
    I try to use as little sunscreen as possible when fishing. Don't need much sunscreen on my face and arms, I wear plenty of cover on my face, and a long sleeve Sun shirt all the time. Only the parts of my legs that are showing when wearing shorts need sunscreen.

Picture of how I look when fishing:

20210511_100936.jpg

19. Member
    Thank you for the recommendations and the laughs! This year my kids gave me a Tilley Airflow hat. It is a wide brimmed vented hat that you can fold and will pop back into shape. Keeps the sun off my neck and the vent keeps me cooler than a baseball cap. I don't look as cool as you guys but it works.

20. Member
    Tilley hats rock!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast