Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alex Bay Next week

Headed to Alex Bay end of next week for the week and then probably hit Massena for a couple days after that. ( up for a family reunion)What tackle stores can I not live without going too? lol

2. Member
    1000 islands bait shop is a go to
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    1000 islands bait shop is a go to
    Ditto..cant miss it

4. Member
    Thank you

5. Member
    I like to refer to it as TITS. Think I even have a koozie

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hchamberlin1 View Post
    I think you meant "Cuchie"........LOL

7. Member
    Where you coming from? If you are going past Oneida Lake, taking a detour to Lakeside Outfitters. Great shop with a huge selection including high end baits like Lucky Craft, Duo, and Megabass.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

8. Member
    If you’re coming up the Northway, I’d cut over to Saranac Lake and visit the Blue Line sport shop. It’s small but has high quality stuff and often times very hard to find baits. Last year when Flatworms were sold out everywhere this shop had full stock.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

9. Member
    30 min from away is Chapman's on Black Lake. There and the Log Cabin are great. Might actually have a better bass selection than 1000 islands bait store.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    If you’re coming up the Northway, I’d cut over to Saranac Lake and visit the Blue Line sport shop. It’s small but has high quality stuff and often times very hard to find baits. Last year when Flatworms were sold out everywhere this shop had full stock.

Coming up 81.

11. Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hchamberlin1 View Post
    dont we all lol

12. Member
    What a great trip. We caught a pretty good amount of fish each day and didn't tear anything up. Can't wait to come back next year.

13. Member
    How about a fishing report? Did you fish the river or go out on the lake? Any pattern you could share. I’m going up the 14th of September for a week appreciate any info you can share.

14. Member
    We fished between Alex Bay and Clayton. We ventured to the lake once and there was a bit of west wind blowing and it was a little rougher than I wanted. We used the Berkely Flat worm and Gajo baits spirit shad in paradise, all drop shotting. The bigger fish were caught on the Gajo bait.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCK65 View Post
    We fished between Alex Bay and Clayton. We ventured to the lake once and there was a bit of west wind blowing and it was a little rougher than I wanted. We used the Berkely Flat worm and Gajo baits spirit shad in paradise, all drop shotting. The bigger fish were caught on the Gajo bait.
    Thanks that helps. Haven’t fished the River in a number of years. Been going just north of there to Charleston Lake and the Ridue chain. That is is not in the cards with all the restrictions this year. Appreciate your help.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCK65 View Post
    Thanks for the report. I'm headed to Clayton tomorrow (9/2) for 4 days of fishing. What depth were you finding them at ?

17. Member
    20-25

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_in_NY View Post
    Thanks for the report. I'm headed to Clayton tomorrow (9/2) for 4 days of fishing. What depth were you finding them at ?
    Whacked em between 30-45 FOW 10 days ago.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_in_NY View Post
    Appreciate it if you would let us know how you do.

20. Member
    We fished Chippewa Bay on Friday and it was spotty. Caught some in 8 FOW and others at 20 FOW. The bay itself is completely grown in with water depth only around 5 foot or less. Be mindful of navigating there if you go. Saturday we fished from Clayton down to Fisher's Landing. Got some nice ones in 20-25 FOW. I saw a lot of fish on the graph at 40 - 50 FOW, but couldn't catch them. I'm not sure what they want or if they are even bass. This was my first time fishing there this time of year. Sunday and Monday were brutal with the wind and some storms coming through. It seemed wherever we went that had some protection from the wind, there were no fish.

All the bigger ones we caught were on drop offs at shoals in the heavy current, not the slack water. I lost what would have been my PB small mouth right at the boat when it jumped. My wife caught the biggest SM I've ever seen in real life. Everything was on a drop shot. Not sure if any of this helps you Ohiorodbuilder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast