Well im selling the Road glide and getting out of it

Well fellas im getting out of riding and moving on to something else.
    lot of time has been spent thinking about this and with my children still small and the way things are getting its starting to concern me riding.
    have had more than my share of close calls and hacve had quite a few friends get in some bad wrecks etc and its just not worth for it me any longer.
    its been a heck of a lot of fun and have seen a lot of nice country but its time for me to hang it up.

one reason i wanted to put this in here is because we are selling a lot of the gear we have and would like to offer it up to you all first.

we have clothing like Tshirts, Jackets, leather jackets luggage etc.
    all of the mens stuff is XL in size. wife has more than i do and sizes for her is L and XL
    if anyone wants pictures shoot me a PM and ill get you my cell number.

2. Member
    Sorry to hear that Luke but message very clear. Sometimes I think the same thing. Age a factor now, wrestling a heavy old ninja can get tough. Had a few crashes Around here lately. Deer a major problem!! I found a for sale sign last week and thought about selling bike and boat. It's paid for so I'll stick with it for now. I'd feel weird without an old ZX in the garage.
    Too bad you weren't closer cause I could sell everything you got here on Rt 20. bikes going by like crazy today. I put a helmet out yesterday on a stool and got only 2 chugs of beer before somebody stopped.
    Good luck in all you future activities!!!
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

3. Member
    Definitely understand your reasoning. I try to stick to the country roads myself as I have had close calls in traffic. I worry more for my wife then myself. If I go down and she gets hurt it would be hard to forgive myself.

4. Member
    Since I work remote now I haven't been riding as much, been thinking about selling now while the market for used bikes is high. Then get a new one later once things get more back to normal.

5. Member
    Now is a good time to sell, i just dropped mine off at the dealership for new handlebars and a LED light kit upgrade, all the new touring bikes were sold out, only had used ones to choose from.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post
    Definitely understand your reasoning. I try to stick to the country roads myself as I have had close calls in traffic. I worry more for my wife then myself. If I go down and she gets hurt it would be hard to forgive myself.
    This times infinity!

well listed her up for sale today.
    kinda sad but kinda not. hard thing to realize untill now.

You can list it here too if you want...

9. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The wife and I came to this same conclusion a couple of years ago and sold our Harleys too.

10. Member
    I very well understand and respect your decision. It is much different riding now than it was when I began back in the day. I don't crank mine on weekends and stay in the mountains of Ga., NC, and Tn.

11. Member
    I kept my HD Gear, may sell it since I've had the BMW for several years? I did sell all the t-shirts in one big bundle on Ebay. I was shocked at how fast a bunch of used t shirts sold and what they brought. I still have several HD jackets, chaps, etc...

GLWTS Luke.