2075 Lund Pro V Bass Setup

2021 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass
    2021 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    10” Atlas Hydraulic Jack Plate
    Fury 24
    5,150 RPM
    60.5 MPH

I’m 6 hrs into break in. This is a deep v aluminum hull, need a prop with bow lift to keep the spray back for a dryer ride. Also, this boat has an awesome hole shot with literally any prop, so performance is just a top speed and rough water handling consideration. Looks like I need to get the rpms up, any recommendations on what I should try next. I liked the handling and bow lift of the fury 24, I just think getting the rpms up should give me a couple more mph.
    Last edited by Hydro870; 08-09-2021 at 07:05 AM.

2. Member
    If your numbers are correct, it appears you are about 1000 RPMs below where you should be.
    Are you sure you are getting full throttle? You need that to determine your next step.
    Ask your dealer to verify that.

3. Member
    If you are getting 100% throttle, to get 6100 rpm's, you will have to go down quite a bit in pitch. I don't think Mercury makes a Fury lower than 22. I think you will need a 21 or 19 P Tempest. The Tempest has got good bow lift.

4. Member
    Pretty sure I am getting full throttle, as I raise the jack plate the RPMs will climb, but then I start to loose speed. Others that have the same boat and motor with props that are too big are getting low rpms as well. My numbers are flat water conditions. If I run in chop and go downwind it will catch a little air under the hull and RPMs will climb to 5,500 and the boat will run 62.5 mph. Lund recommends a 21p Tempest for this boat and motor, but that is without a jack plate. Lund says the 21p Tempest will go 56-60 mph with no jack plate. These are 60 mph boats, but some are getting 63 mph. I feel like if I pitch down I may get to that 63 mph number as I am currently leaving some rpms on the table.

5. Member
    I used to have a Princecraft Xpedition 200 which was also a 20 foot V hull ( not the same) but similar to yours with a Verado Pro 250 and I got 63 mph at 6100 rpm using a Lazer II, 21 P. And that prop is not supposed to be specially efficient.
    Do you use a hand throttle or a pedal ?

The 21 P Tempest seems to be right but ???

6. Member
    Hand throttle. Weird thing is, I have been corresponding with others who are getting similar results, low rpms with the 24 fury and they try other props, like a Fury 23 and that improved the rpms some but they lost speed? More than one person has said the 24 Fury is really low rpms but is the fastest they have tested. A Bassmaster Elite pro is also running the same boat, motor, plate, and 24 Fury and says it is fastest also and is getting similar speed to my testing. If this is true, the first question would be is it good for the motor to chug along at 5,200 rpm? I guess the 24 Fury gets great fuel mileage at cruising speed. Seems like a weird deal to me, I have never heard of a boat and prop combo that performs best at such low rpm? The boat is performing great, if the rpms were around 6,000 I would say it’s the perfect prop like others have said, I just can’t get past the low rpms I guess.

7. Member
    Last edited by Real L; 08-10-2021 at 04:06 PM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro870 View Post
    Hand throttle. Weird thing is, I have been corresponding with others who are getting similar results, low rpms with the 24 fury and they try other props, like a Fury 23 and that improved the rpms some but they lost speed? More than one person has said the 24 Fury is really low rpms but is the fastest they have tested. A Bassmaster Elite pro is also running the same boat, motor, plate, and 24 Fury and says it is fastest also and is getting similar speed to my testing. If this is true, the first question would be is it good for the motor to chug along at 5,200 rpm? I guess the 24 Fury gets great fuel mileage at cruising speed. Seems like a weird deal to me, I have never heard of a boat and prop combo that performs best at such low rpm? The boat is performing great, if the rpms were around 6,000 I would say it’s the perfect prop like others have said, I just can’t get past the low rpms I guess.
    It doesn’t sound like it’s the perfect prop as you aren’t getting close to WOT rpms, speed is low, and you’re not getting a lot of bow lift if the spray is really bad. I fished with a guide last summer some in a 2075 Lund Pro guide w/250 ProXS, little different boat but also heavy v-hull and similarly equipped. With 4 of us in rough water I could drive the boat just fine and it was very dry and much kore responsive than what you’re seeing. Believe he was running a tempest, I think you’ll need to try a different prop.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

9. Member
    Don't be afraid to try enertia prop. Possibly a 19 or 21p. I run a different setup, alumacraft comp 205 with 250sho. I've ran bravo fs, sw2 20p, tempest 19p, enertia 17, 18, 19p.
    Enertia 19p and tempest 19p run similar top speeds 57-59mph. The enertia in my opinion works better on aluminum boats with spray rails than tempest. Enertia has both bow and stern lift while tempest is only bow. Enertia gives softer ride than tempest while losing nothing in performance.

10. Member
    I buddy of mine has a 2075 Pro V Bass with a 200 L6 Verado no jack plate, runs 60 with a 19p Tempest

11. Member
    Get a 22" Tempest if you can find one you want your rpm's up to at least 5500 that's where the manufacturer recommends they be at the low end. Running a smaller fury prop at higher rpm's probably won't give you any more speed but a 22" tempest might since it has more lift than a fury does.