22 days till Dove Season.

Can’t fish, so can’t wait for Dove Season.
    I have 8 friends going for a group shootemup that should be some fun.
    Always have had a good time with family and friends on this type of shoot.
    Grilled dove and cold beer is always a good thing to look forward to afterwards.
    Hope you have a good start to your hunting season, whenever that may be.
    Tom

I'm seeing quite a few around my house. My buddy puts out dove fields and always has us up but he requires/requests steel shot. I've not been able to locate any steel.

3. Member
    Mack's Prairie Wings in Stuttgart Arkansas should have some.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

4. Member
    I'm lucky I bought a bunch a couple years ago. Steel's required in CA. My buddy's been looking and there's none to be found.

5. Member
    I just ordered a case from Cabela's. Pick it up at the store if you have one close enough.

6. Member
    Doves start the 1st here as well...plus this is MN's first year for an early Teal season (likely last too). I'll hunt doves a couple days, then Teal beginning the 4th. More interested in the ducks...but ducks in the AM, doves in the PM is likely on the table!

7. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    Doves start the 1st here as well...plus this is MN's first year for an early Teal season (likely last too). I'll hunt doves a couple days, then Teal beginning the 4th. More interested in the ducks...but ducks in the AM, doves in the PM is likely on the table!
    Ahhh, the life!

8. Member
    The first Saturday after Sept 1st is always a holiday for us. Usually shoot around a 100 doves and then proceed to drink some beer, clean the birds, watch college football and eat them all.

Can’t wait! Got a new Browning O/U 20 ga I’m eager to put to the test.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

10. Member
    All good times mentioned. I have done a few of them, teal then doves in Kansas. We had some fantastic teal hunts and always good dove hunts when I was growing up. Times have changed.

New O/U is sweet to breakin on dove hunt.

I will shoot my 28 ga. Beretta A400. It is a sweet little popgun that wields death out to 60 paces! Day 1 with SIL up from Texas then kayaking the Illinois River for smallies/spots/LM for 2 days. Then the grandkids join us on Saturday the 4th to get their crack at them if there are any left. Brunch afterwards, and grilled dove for dinner that night.

The start of hunting season.

I hope you all have a fun filled and safe hunt with your friends and family.

11. Member
    Headed to the panhandle Tuesday for dove and dogs. Going to be way too hot for either but gotta do what you gotta do. SIL built me a .204 that I'm itching to break in on the dogs.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSComanche View Post
    Headed to the panhandle Tuesday for dove and dogs. Going to be way too hot for either but gotta do what you gotta do. SIL built me a .204 that I'm itching to break in on the dogs.
    That is a great SIL!!! Take your umbrella for Dogs and a little water!

13. Member
    How were ya'lls openers??

My dove opener was a bust! Looked for some last weekend but found nothing worthwile. I couldn't get out on the first. My focus was really teal, and the hunting was exceptional for us. Limits were easy to come by the 4 days we hunted. Now...have to fish a few days 'til duck season opens the 25th.

14. Member
    Limited numbers of dove where we were in the Oklahoma panhandle. Just enough for a few guys to grill up that night. The dog hunting was more of a success. The heat was brutal.

15. Moderator
    In our group of 20 or so I think there was around 50 doves killed. Not many numbers here yet and I think the birds we are seeing are the ones who have been here all summer. I haven't seen many coming through yet. Going to try to get my son on some this weekend.

16. T Dub
    Lousy dove hunting so far. Hoping for a few woodducks/teal this weekend

17. Member
    Five of us shot limits on the opener. Second day two of us shot 25. We're gonna try Tue and see if there's any left. We're shooting a public area that gets hit pretty hard.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmess View Post
    Five of us shot limits on the opener. Second day two of us shot 25. We're gonna try Tue and see if there's any left. We're shooting a public area that gets hit pretty hard.
    I grew up in So Cal...I really do miss the dove openers in El Centro and Yuma! Add quail hunting to that as well.

19. Member
    Shot less than a box of shells on the opener.
    SIL and I scratched 10 and 12. The other 8 guys in our group came in with 6 total.
    One of the worst years in a long time for dove hunting.
    We had enough to grill that evening.
    Went smallie fishing all day the next day and the two of us caught and released 80+. Nothing large, but lots of fun wading and kayaking a cool clear river in the heat of summer.
    It is the start of the fall season that matters! Enjoy your hunting seasons this fall and winter.

20. Member
    Our group killed 128 opening Saturday. It was a fun day.