2000 50 hp oil tank filling with gas

Have a 50 hp ser # OT127723 that a few weeks ago the oil alarm started buzzing when it was still half full of oil. Did some diagnosis and changed the tank level sensor to no avail. Ordered a new tank as other advice said the float in these go bad and you have to replace the tank. While waiting for the tank I unhooked the level sensor and continued using the motor. Twice now I have started out with 1/2 to 3/4 level in the oil tank only to have it overflowing when I come back in. I have seen where there is allegedly a check valve from the crankcase to the pump but have yet to locate. Am I on the right track here or is there something else that may be causing this? If this don’t get it I’m saying screw it and just going to premix. I’ve been putting some oil in the fuel tank just to cover my butt. Like the injection but don’t want to blow anything up. thanks for your patience.
    Scott
    1995 Stratos 275 Pro XL
    1995 150 Fastrike
    MG Xi5

2. Member
    likely bad mixing valve in brass tee in line from oil tank to fuel hose ,there is no crankcase check valve on this mtr
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Good to know. I think there’s a drawing in my manual of that so when I get my tank off I’ll go hunting for that. Thank you!
    1995 Stratos 275 Pro XL
    1995 150 Fastrike
    MG Xi5

4. Member
    Update: YouTube was awesome and I ended up fixing the float in the tank. The new tank keeps getting pushed back on delivery date and I’ll just cancel it now. Not a piece of cake but not a horrible fix either. Ordered the new valve and got it in 2 days. Try it all again tomorrow.
    1995 Stratos 275 Pro XL
    1995 150 Fastrike
    MG Xi5

5. Member
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................