Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In December of this year I will have my current bass boat for 20 years. I have put almost 1300 hours of run time on the motor(s). 1000 on the first and current one has right at 300. If I have 1300 hours motor run time I would like to know how many hours I have spent on the trolling motor...I know its been enough time to make a lot of memories.

2. Member
    I buy a lot of antique fishing lures. Some have what I call honest wear. Those I purchase. The ones that were used and put away wet I pass on. I bought a 21 year old Ranger this past April. The previous owner was my first idol in the world of tournament fishing. Long before I ever knew anything about BASS and the clubs I had heard stories about this guy. The boat sparkles from a distance especially just before dark. When you get up close you see all the battles it's been through. The owner was not a dainty man. He put some marks from honest wear all over the boat. I'm proud to own it in that condition.

I walk around my 98 often. I've just had a bunch of stuff redone on it and I'm still thinking about what's next. Made a lot of memories over the years and I don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon because there are many more adventures I have yet to take!

4. Member
    I think I remember each and ever scratch and scrape. when it happened and who dun it! Anyone that goes with me knows they need to treat it as if it were theirs. After the first scratch or two it seems to get easier. Things happen but rather use it than keeping pristine.

My 2005 has several memories in the form of scratches but that's ok because it still looks good to me.

6. Member
    My 1999 ProCraft has a bunch of battle scars. Still looks great from a distance and if the fish are Way Back There I'm going in too

7. Member
    Walk around her every week and rub her gunnels and tell her how beautiful she is. 1991 Astro 20FDX bought in 1995. A LOT of memories made in her and plan to make more with my grandbabies.

8. Member
    Heh

I hit a channel marker once at 65mph

Otherwise it's just a ton of chips from my buddies trying to punch.

9. Member
    1998 Skeeter and it's got a lot of character LOL It's a boat and it's gets no abuse but lots of use. I really like my old boat and plan to keep it a long time.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

10. Member
    Transom is correct. I have a 61 Willys that has "0" character. Looks like it just rolled out of the factory and I intend to keep it that way. My boat on the other hand has many "memory" marks.

Run a 97, several memories etched in the glass. Most are from trying to get in places a boat shouldn't go.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Most jeeps on the road everyday lack character, Most will never see a gravel road
    Too True. Mine has been all over from Indiana and Kentucky through Colorado and Utah and I still get accused of being one of those often but then I pull out pics and video of mud running out the doors and sliding over and around huge rocks and the story changes. I give being anal a strong meaning since after every adventure I spend days detailing but intentionally leave some character references. Same with the boat. 2000 R83VS I picked up over a year ago from an estate. Were he still alive the previous owner wouldn't recognize the boat now but I've left some of my own since added memories in tact on it also.

13. Banned
    All the time.

Bought my boat used in Texas. Walking around it with the owner I noticed a few very long scratches. Got a good laugh when he said "that's just Texas pinstriping"!
    Heartwood Fence Co.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12