Headin to Toronto, which crossing?

Peace Bridge, Rainbow, or Queenston.....would one be better than the others for less likely traffic?

2. Member
    no one that lives in New York knows anything about the border bridges??

3. Member
    Simple really, whichever one is the farthest away from the most populous area would be the one with the least amount of traffic. Everyone I know always goes up through the Ogdensburg Prescott bridge or the 1000 islands bridge near Wellesley island. I have no experience with those bridges near Buffalo. I try to avoid big cities
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

4. Member
    thank you

Its going to be either super busy or dead once the border opens. We always crossed at the 1000 island bridge and only once did we have a longer than normal wait.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    Have your SHOT cards ready …

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

7. Member
    As per the NYS Thuway camera's and local news in Buffalo the Peace Bridge yesterday had no wait times while the Rainbow Bridge had a little over a 1 hour wait. Go the the NYS Thruway cameras and get LIVE up to date picks of anywhere on that system.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Simple really, whichever one is the farthest away from the most populous area would be the one with the least amount of traffic. Everyone I know always goes up through the Ogdensburg Prescott bridge or the 1000 islands bridge near Wellesley island. I have no experience with those bridges near Buffalo. I try to avoid big cities
    Buffalo a big city, now that's FUNNY

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Buffalo a big city, now that's FUNNY
    All a matter of perspective. Buffalo and the surrounding area has around 1.1million people and the traffic can be bad. If you just focus on Buffalo itself, the city has over 250k people. It’s the second largest city/metropolitan area in the state. So yes it is a big city. But Syracuse and Albany are both big to me as well and they have half the population of Buffalo. The closest city to me has 60k people and even at that we try to avoid it.

heck where I live now has a population of 2k people and we think it’s too busy.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    All a matter of perspective. Buffalo and the surrounding area has around 1.1million people and the traffic can be bad. If you just focus on Buffalo itself, the city has over 250k people. It’s the second largest city/metropolitan area in the state. So yes it is a big city. But Syracuse and Albany are both big to me as well and they have half the population of Buffalo. The closest city to me has 60k people and even at that we try to avoid it.

heck where I live now has a population of 2k people and we think it’s too busy.
    Sorry but I live here now for many years and there is NO traffic and I can actually tow my boat in the city streets without a problem. Most of that 250k population doesn't even own a car. You can get to ANYWHERE in the county in 20 minutes.

It's not a Big City, just ask the NFL that would love to have the Bills move anywhere else.

11. Member
    I've been watching the bridge traffic on peacebridge.com

12. Member
    proly depends how you are coming in ,from the south i would use peace bridge the 190 is usually not bad easy on easy off to the bridge,from the east you would have to take the 290(wich is usually busy) to 190 and across the grand island bridges if you had the option on how to come into buffalo i would say the peace bridge is your best choice

13. Member
    thank you