Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Wait until it mates with a big ol' western diamondback rattler. Then they'll have a real problem on their hands!
    I wouldn’t think that would be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Yep, got tagged on the hand in 2005. The one yesterday was pissed for sure.
    I have a friend that was bitten on the foot about three years ago. He and his wife were walking at a local park trail just before dark and it got him. He spent the night in the hospital, said it sucked big time.

Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    I have a friend that was bitten on the foot about three years ago. He and his wife were walking at a local park trail just before dark and it got him. He spent the night in the hospital, said it sucked big time.
    It sucked but it also was not as bad as I would have imagined. My mother in law was in her last days on hospice with terminal cancer so my wife was at her house by her side. It was about 10:00PM when I went out to feed our dog when I got bit. My kids were all younger and already in bed. No way was I gonna stress my wife out more and call her nor was I gonna wake up 3 kids and go to ER or call ambulance. I knew my wife would be home about the time the kids were getting ready for school.
    I went back inside and sat in a chair in our bedroom till morning. I had the phone by my side and just watched TV and stayed awake. I felt a little crummy bot not too bad. My hand hurt and was swelling pretty noticeably. I went to ER when wife got home. Treated and released me.. Felt fine a couple days later.

Honey, got us that family pet you've been wanting.....meet Monty the Mongoose!

Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    I agree. Someone in Raleigh, NC had some kind of dangerous snake get loose last month. It was found
    It happened right down the road from my parent's house, a 7 ft zebra cobra that some dingbat 21 year old had living at his parents house. This guy apparently had 75 venomous snakes in the home that were seized and landed himself in the hospital a while back after getting bit by a green mamba that he had.

6. Member
    Mark is one tough dude!!!

7. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    As a reptile keeper, stuff like this REALLY gives those responsible keepers a bad rap... I dont do venemous, and never will, but news stories like this impact my ability to own harmless reptiles even.
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Mark is one tough dude!!!

Nahh.....just stubborn. I knew as a paramedic very few people die from snakebites themselves in the US so my chances were good I would be fine. Biggest deal is I did not want to put more stress on my wife during that time.

9. Member
    League City, TX/Lake Sam Rayburn (Rayburn Country)
    I'm heading to Dallas with BBQ tongs...............and flute music on my phone. Those kind of snakes like music!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WWDIII View Post
    I'm heading to Dallas with BBQ tongs...............and flute music on my phone. Those kind of snakes like music!!!!

Was thinking earlier that I bet there has been quite a few 911 calls claiming they have seen it already when in reality its harmless grass snakes, garter snakes and bull snakes....

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Nahh.....just stubborn. I knew as a paramedic very few people die from snakebites themselves in the US so my chances were good I would be fine. Biggest deal is I did not want to put more stress on my wife during that time.
    And smart Too!!!

12. Member
    Just recently a python got loose out of an enclosure inside a mall. The mall was closed down while looking for it. It was found a day or two later in the ceiling tile of that particular store location. It didn't venture far in that case.

13. Member
    Allowing citizens to possess non native snake species, what could go wrong? Hopefully someone will have shotgun at hand & can kill it.
    Last edited by spinningreel; 08-05-2021 at 11:39 AM.

So what happens if this thing bites someone and kills them? What are the charges to the owner.

15. Banned
    That will be interesting but hopefully it will not come to that.

16. Member
    Like my papaw used to say. I would be Nervous as a snake hunter with astigmatism.

Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Don't understand how someone can be allowed to have a venomous snake as a pet.
    The article mentions the owner had a permit, which is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I wouldn’t think that would be possible.
    Go outside and look for your sense of humor. I think you dropped it on the way in.

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Go outside and look for your sense of humor. I think you dropped it on the way in.
    Sometimes things don’t transfer online like you telling someone in person.

20. Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast