360 Imaging update 2021 Question on update screen rotation ? 8/3/2021

8/3/ 2021 -I am guessing but is the reason Bird came out with the mega imaging live view is because they cant get the 360 to spin fast enough to refresh the screen or do we need to wait tell they put a # 9 processor ? I dont like the live view or the Garman Live scope it only shows the screen in sections and if you put trolling motor on spot lock not good . Please correct me if I am wrong ?

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Mega 360 and Mega Live are very different technologies. Mega 360 is basically a spinning SI transducer. Just speeding up the spin rate of the Mega 360 (even if that is possible) wouldn't give you a live image.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by log hopper View Post
    8/3/ 2021 -I am guessing but is the reason Bird came out with the mega imaging live view is because they cant get the 360 to spin fast enough to refresh the screen or do we need to wait tell they put a # 9 processor ? I dont like the live view or the Garman Live scope it only shows the screen in sections and if you put trolling motor on spot lock not good . Please correct me if I am wrong ?
    Panoptix/Livescope/Livesight/Active Target/MEGA LIVE can be installed on a separate pole from the trolling motor shaft and not be affected by Spotlock. There are several companies that have manual operated ones and electric operated ones.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Should be auto also on back of boat transom !!!!

5. Member
    Wayne hope you are doing well friend you are the man on the Birdwatch knowledge . I know the young Guns on tour and raise and lower a trolling motor all day long but now they have added the trolling motor weight to pull up and let down way up > I dont pay 7000 for a fish finder that is not full auto !! You should never have to let a transducer up or down manual ! Could you give me one of those company names of who makes a electric for the mega live view or a 360 that is auto stow and deploy . There is a very good reason that you may really want the 360 on transom . So you dont have to get up and let trolling motor down yes you may lose looking forward 20 foot but the man on back will gane 20 foot on rear . This is buddy Fishing you can also idle 3 mph with big motor when you are searching if you need to go to another way point power fishing this will speed your fishing up you want every thing on a pro boat auto !!! Enjoy reading your post . Hydrowave needs to be on transom also for fast power fishing !!
    Last edited by log hopper; 08-08-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by log hopper View Post
    Wayne hope you are doing well friend you are the man on the Birdwatch knowledge . I know the young Guns on tour and raise and lower a trolling motor all day long but now they have added the trolling motor weight to pull up and let down way up > I dont pay 7000 for a fish finder that is not full auto !! You should never have to let a transducer up or down manual ! Could you give me one of those company names of who makes a electric . Enjoy reading your post .
    There are none for separate deploy and stow for the 360 or MEGA 360. There used to be one that could be used with an Ulterra, but after use it was determined the extra weight was too much for the stow/deploy mechanism.

If you want a deploy/stow mechanism, you are going to have to invent one yourself or wait for someone to do it.
    There may be some examples of "rigs" to do that using a bow trolling motor type of mount with electric assist.

Contact this company to see if they will make you one with this:

(360-model) - Podunk (po dungk) A small isolated town, region, or place that is regarded as unimportant. . . . (podunkideas.com)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    I am retired so I am working on project to make my own design Auto deploy 360 on transom Tr 19 Triton . The reason I want 360 on transom is you can look at it when you are idle the big motor you dont have to let trolling motor down you network it with dash and front Bird unit . All you lose is 20 foot up front but you gain 20 foot on rear ! I read about a walleye fisherman set up to back troll in current . Back troll in current is you anchor the boat or spot lock boat on back of transom you have your 360 mounted , you can see behind on 360 unit 20 foot further , if you see fish say behind a rock pile on 360 veiw you move boat at angel to line up boat with the way point you marked before you started lining up wit the fish . Once you get lined up and boat on spot lock stright a head you release the spool on bait caster and thumb the bait drift down behind boat to the fish while watching 360 screen . If you miss the rock pile you can jog spot lock to left or right,then reel your line up and watch it drift back its like playing a video game . You do need enough current to move the bait towards fish . I learned this from a old man on coosa river Alabama .
    Last edited by log hopper; 08-14-2021 at 02:44 PM.