Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very nice sir.......

2. Member
    Thank you, I've been on Ross Barnett the last 4 days, un-plugged. I've got fish to clean first then I will see if there is enough clearcoat to cut and polish the transition. If not I will have to give it another couple of pass after leveling everything.

3. Member
    nice looking repair rojo. I usually just tape off the decals and clear the whole top if I have to carry the color that close to the rolls, especially on the blue sho cowls.

4. Member
    This is a comp job so no monies for materials provided. The whole cowl should have been painted, there are some rock chips, scratches, etc. I don't have a lot of the paint left. If I'm painting the whole Cowl I have a Nissan color code that is almost perfect.

5. Member
    Really impressive! It’s amazing to me just how much knowledge and skill is needed to do this kind of work perfectly.

6. Member

Second Go Around with the Color Blend

Well when I went to 1000 grit level before polish the color was noticeably off. Still too dark and too little area to try to correct it in.
    I had to re-tape and re-spray a little color first with the paint un-reduced, dusting it on to match the slightly faded original color. This time I carried the clearcoat blend a little further. You can see in the pictures everything now matches.

Port Side Re_Blend.jpgSTBD Side Re_Blend.jpg

Amazing work!
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

8. Member
    Well I delivered the Cowl today. Wish I took a last picture. IDA hit us on the nose, the feeder bands dropped tons of water plus heavy winds. Big mess here so I polished and delivered it to get it out of harms way while cleaning up. I hope the thread is helpful to the DIY guys.

9. Member
    Sorry for the damage from Ida. I know you have been thru many storms and it is never easy. Thanks for sharing your skills and knowledge.

10. Member
    Thanks, we have all we need but the folks from eastern Louisiana are here looking for food, gas, water, ice, etc. IDA really clobbered eastern Louisiana. Katrina slabbed over a thousand homes here on the coast. I had the first home with electricity (generator) and we are 14 miles inland, our home still flooded at 21ft elevation. Eastern Louisiana is not slabbed but their in just as bad a shape, the homes are destroyed for the most part.
    Last edited by rojoguio; 09-02-2021 at 07:21 PM. Reason: too much Margarita..........

11. Member
    You are something else man. Great job.

12. Member
    Thank you. I'm back on the little Blazer, will be posting some progress on it soon.

13. Member
    trueluy do enjoy reading and seeing your work give me inspiration to get working on my boat

Wow! The level of detail you put into a "comp" job like this says a LOT about your personal desire for perfection. I hope the owner appreciates our great efforts. Very nice work! And excellent write up too.

15. Member
    Thanks, posting reference material for the DIY guy is a pleasure. Seeing how others enjoy reading the posts is very motivating to post more work.

16. Member
    It is truly awesome to see what a master can do.

Thanks a million for sharing.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

17. Member
    Yowzers! I need to fix mine, but I am at the "throw some bondo in the holes and spray with Flex seal black" level. Guess after reading through this tutorial I need to step my game up. Thanks for the awesome write up and detailed pictures!!!
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

18. Member
    Thank you, being out of the business, retired, it's very rewarding to help a fellow boater. With today's costs skyrocketing a DIY project can be rewarding. BTW most paint shops can load "Rattle Cans" with the desired paints as long as a catalyst is not needed for cure. Blacks are available out of a rattle can that after waiting for a full cure will polish out very well. Usually takes a 30 day wait to be sure. More coats are needed since rattle can millage is lower.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12