polishing compound

I'm looking for a compound that's just as good as 3M Marine polishing compound 06044 and maybe cheaper. I have had great results with the 3M on my fiberglass bass boat and today I used it to polish a cowling that I painted with acrylic urethane. I sanded with 1000 and 1500 to remove orange peel and then used the 06044 to polish and it is almost good enough without using a finishing compound. The 06044 is getting hard to find and I don't know what 3M product is comparable or what other brand is comparable so any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Jim.

I've used Collinite products and Protec products over the years. Both do the job just fine.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

3. Member
    I started using Chemical Guys products price point is right but the compound does break down faster but no where as fast as a Maguire's or similar.

4. Member
    I use 3m 36102 perfect it gelcoat heavy cutting compound on all my work. It's expensive but the best by far that I've tried over the years. I never go finer than 1000 grit on anything and only need a light pass with finesse it afterwards to polish it.

moldman….The 3M Marine Compound and Finishing Material went out of production for a while but they are back producing it now…..at a 7-10% price increase. I use 3M products in my shop exclusively. Not saying they’re the best but it’s what I’m comfortable with and i know there feel of them. If you’re working with paint the 3M Perfect It 1, 2 and 3 are great.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Banned