Dustlane

296 TF trailer bunk question

I had to have my bunks recarpeted a couple of years ago and they’re already needing it again. I think I’m going to go with a different style of bunk this time. Ultimate Bunk Boards is the name. However, my current boards are shaped kind of odd. They kinda “bend” up towards the bow. They’re just cut on an angle but they look like they have a bend to them. Without that strange cut the boat would be resting on one of the strakes. Is this a problem? I can get standard bunks all day that are just normal 2x6 boards but I can’t find anything custom for my boat. As a matter of fact even with the odd cut one side of the boat rests on a strake now. Been that way for a long time. Would I be okay just going with a standard board or is that odd cut absolutely necessary? The current boards are fine but I will have to cut one of them down so the boat won’t rest on a strake. Plus after this carpet only lasting two years I hate to go that route again. But if that angle cut is necessary I may not have a choice. I’m don’t know if the Ultimate Bunk Boards can be cut without voiding the warranty. Thanks for help!

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Every charger has that deep v and hard angle at the nose I would say yes that cut is needed to fit.I would order 24 oz carpet and it should last along time

3. Dustlane
    Thanks a million!