so am i the only one watching the atchafalaya at morgan city gauge

looks like its about to get right ?

2. Member
    I think so.
    BITE IT BAITS, You fish it, Fish Bite IT www.biteitbaits.com

3. Member
    It’s been fishable for a while now…. I struck out last time I went, hard to make myself make the long drive back over there..

4. Member
    It definitely isn't fishing like it should at this level

5. Member
    The Sac-a-lait & Bream are bitting good Bass are sporadic but some areas are producing. Mostly in Grand Lake and Pigeon with the lower ares starting to see some action.

6. Member
    I haven't been to the lower end of pigeon in 25 years. I know that you can't run big pigeon all the way, so do you run little pigeon and cut through, or go further south and come back on the Texas canal?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R83steve View Post
    I haven't been to the lower end of pigeon in 25 years. I know that you can't run big pigeon all the way, so do you run little pigeon and cut through, or go further south and come back on the Texas canal?

I haven’t been in that area in a long while but there was always a cut thru when you get to the end…. Hoop hole area, there was a pipeline you’d hit, and it took you to a canal and then it was a zig and a zag and you’d end up back in the main bayou just before the lake for down the lake or just stay in that pipeline and run it to the lake for up the lake….

id be very careful running in grand lake these days…

8. Member
    I went to Pigeon yesterday and rode around looking at some old places that I've caught fish in the past. There were about 100 boats putting in at the landing and most of them were gone when I got back a little after noon. I never found any runout working and ended up with 3 bass. It was great to see some of the old territory that I fished for 15 years

9. Member
    Something happened to the basin…. It doesn’t fish like it used to.. water doesn’t flow like it used to.. last year when all that bad water sucked out the woods and pushed all the fish to the levees, people mopped them up by the boatloads..what was left, I’m not sure they went back in to the interior parts.. last trip I went, I caught a couple in the intercostal, no bites anywhere else.. used to be my favorite place to fish but nowadays, it’s just not worth the drive over there for me.. I can catch 10-20 bass in a quick evening trip here around my house like it’s nothing.. they are not big but it’s action..

10. Member
    I usually go in the lower to Big Pigeon thru mallard and the California pipeline goes in to Big Pigeon.. most of the bite is early. Also find canals that have flow thru them. But your right the flow is dead in places that were it used to have current.