Analog to digital

<2b173384>

Putting a 2017 Merc 150l 4s on a 1984 350v. Wanting my analog gauges to work with the sc1000 smart craft.What interface box do i need and is there a wiring harness i might need also. Thanks
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 08-03-2021 at 11:50 AM.

You need to post the SN of the motor and be more specific on the “SC1000 Smartcraft.” That encompasses a whole line of gauges. It is kind of asking what spark plugs work on my Toyota truck.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Sorry, i forget how many different motor models and gauge combinations there can be. Motor serial#, 2b173384 and the smart craft is a 8m0135641 7k tachometer.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving your thread to the 4-stroke Forum (correct forum for your engine).

You have a System Tachometer. What we will need to determine is how it is wired into the system (junction box, junction adapter. blue harness with yellow bands, etc).

Are you just now rigging this engine up on your boat, or has it been rigged to the boat and you're wanting to add something?

Please take a few moments to read through the Announcements at the top of the 4-stroke forum. There is some important information there regarding engine rigging that may help.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks, just now rigging everything up with new 14 pin shift control and smart craft.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    What keyswitch harness (part number) is being used?

Or, if it's mounted in the control box, what part number is the control?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Looking to go with control part #8m0083666, its has key start and trim for use with gen 2 cables

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    ^^^^ And that part number is discontinued. Near identical model is available, with same features.

Will require a J-Box, an adapter, an Analog Instrument Harness, and the Smartcraft Instrument of your choice (with it's own harness that connects to the J-box).

If you can get your control cable lengths, drop Rhonda an email and she can put you together everything you'll need, all intended to work together in your system.

9. Member
    Thanks for the input and sorry for taking so long to reply, been out of town. The control im using is the part #8m0176287, the other number was the old part that has been superseded, also using Tack kit #79-8m0135641and an analog conversion AGI, #892486k08. I think i have my bases covered except for the J Box, which you informed me of, I've got that too! Going to try and get this all put together this week. I think the AGI kit has all the harness I need. We'll see. Thanks again for your input!! Hopefully I'm on the right track.