Ken Braun

Which trolling motor

Want to buy a trolling motor with spot lock. Which one? The ultracentrifuge been out the longest. I have Lowrance electronics won’t interface I’m sure HDS Gen 1. Thinking about livesvope which brings me to the garmin! Just don’t want to make the wrong purchase. Thanks

Ghost. I run all 3 brands of graphs. Interface with the trolling motor is 0% of the reason I purchased a ghost. Ghost is brushless so no interference, quiet, more power, longer battery life, 24v option if a battery fails , spot lock is more precise. I feel the mount on the ghost is by far the best out of them all. I also feel the ghost is the most reliable out of them all.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

3. Member
    I run an Ultrex as it was on my boat when purchased and it has worked well. I would call Russell Marine Group to discuss. Pretty sure they are sold on the Ghost as well.

4. Member
    I talked with a board sponsor and asked him the same question. He said without a doubt he would go with the Ghost, as he sees it as the best trolling motor on the market right now. And he sells all the brands, so I don't think his view is based off of anything biased. For that reason I went with the Ghost and have been very happy with it. I'm not a fan of the Ghost prop (gets dinged up too easy), but I love everything else about the motor so far.

5. Member
    My Ultrex has been nothing but trouble and been completely replaced twice. A Ghost is going on my boat. The others all seem to be junk. I did lots of research.

6. Ken Braun
    Thank you for the input.

24 or 36v?

hearing the Garmin is the actual thrust winner in the 36v catagory so it’s the presumptive 24v winner.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

8. Member
    Dont buy a motorguide. I hate my tour pro.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazerguy View Post
    Dont buy a motorguide. I hate my tour pro.
    Mine is the best trolling motor I have ever used.