Swivel-eze lakesport 238 seats - replacement collars and bushes…

Hi,
    Got 3 of these pedestal seats on the Lund I just bought and looking under the seat and inside the pedestal is a horror show. There is broken plastic everywhere! The collar around the locking mechanism on the seat bases are broken and the bush on the inside of the pedestal too? Can you buy replacements for these, maybe made from nylon or something?
    Thanks,

2. Member
    I called Attwood directly.
    Look at the bushing(s), there may be a part number.
    They told me that they could not sell me the part number I needed due to agreement with Lund, but they determined I was within warranty period and sent me a couple replacements.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Avanti View Post
    They told me that they could not sell me the part number I needed due to agreement with Lund, but they determined I was within warranty period and sent me a couple replacements.
    Thanks for that - no discernible part numbers amongst the shavings!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Avanti View Post
    I needed these bushings on my new Lund as well, the dealer didn't help, so I called Attwood and they sent me a couple for free. Try calling Attwood even if you have to pay for them. I would .

5. Member
    Do you think the bushing looks like the attachment ?
    If so,the Attwood part number is 001010819.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    The part that Attwood sent me is the bushing for inside the floor base, the part that the pedestal sits in and locks to and the bushing snaps into place at the bottom of the base, (it does look similar to the attachment though). Might be for an earlier base. My Lund is a 2012 Rebel XL. Part # for the bushing they sent me is # 913055. Look inside and you will see the number at the bottom. The only other bushing my Lund could use is the one that sits inside the top of the pedestals for the driver/passenger seat, the hydraulic front bike post, and manual/solid rear bike post. I hope this helps you.

7. Member
    Thanks guys - the part that is damaged on mine, looks similar to that in your photo Avanti - the two holes atop it, I think, are where it is rivetted into the underside of the seat mount. I cannot honestly understand how mine have sustained the damage they have. This looks like a plastic collar, that has a cut in it, such that it can move around the pedestal pole, more or less tightly, as the tightening handle is turned. The inside surface of this collar on mine, is deeply gouged, yet the pedestal is perfectly smooth and the plastic bush on top of it, also appears intact. Thanks for the part number - I'm sure it will cost me no more than £50 to get one here! - LOL - I might just buy one, so I can take it to a local fab shop for someone to make a nylon equivalent. You guys are amazingly lucky to have the vast range of equipment choice you enjoy - and long may it continue. I recently paid more than $40 in shipping and taxes, to get a $20 trailer coupling pin lock - as they simply aren't available here in the UK (or Europe from what I can see). Don't get me started on the kodiak brake pads, bearings and bearing seals, they cost me hundreds GBP. Great community to you have here BTW - hugely interesting and informative.

8. Member
    It may not be even that simple. Attwood told me they could not sell it at any cost. Mine was a warranty replacement. I do not know why lund dies not allow these to be sold. The part number is on the edge of the open end, between the two slits.

9. Member
    Maybe Lund or Attwood wants you to buy another seat base, pedestal or floor base, nothing surprises me any more.