Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Do you have one of these lazor training things?

https://www.strikeman.io/products/sh...urce=shortlink

If so, would you honestly recommend it? Or not really worth it? What's your honest opinion? Thanks!

I’ve always wondered too.
    1992 Gambler Intimidator with a 1998 Mariner Magnum EFI 225

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VolsFan24 View Post
    I’ve always wondered too.
    After taking a woman to the range yesterday, knowing with what I spent for the 100 rounds of ammo, plus 2 person fee. I got a email saying the one in the link is less. But I have no clue how good they are, and if they even last. So was wondering.
    I did bad as opposed to normal yesterday. But I did let her shoot most.

I have tried one* in the past and concluded that it was an expensive way to do dry fire practice. Its still cheaper than live ammo.

* not this particular one.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

5. Member
    Looks interesting, I thinking I will get one, 3 boys that are starting to learn to shoot pistol. Might be a good starter to get them to practice trigger control and proper aiming.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Looks interesting, I thinking I will get one, 3 boys that are starting to learn to shoot pistol. Might be a good starter to get them to practice trigger control and proper aiming.
    I may, if a majority that say they have bought one, says it is worth getting. I just am curious what those with first hand experience think. I don't know if they have issues that make it not worthwhile. Hoping a number of people have first hand knowledge. We will see.

7. Member
    Can't speak to the use of lasers in regards to firearms training, but, used PROPERLY, they can be VERY helpful in regards to golf. Instantaneous feedback....

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    Can't speak to the use of lasers in regards to firearms training, but, used PROPERLY, they can be VERY helpful in regards to golf. Instantaneous feedback....
    I guess it would help if my spelling was proper.

GF and I each have G-Sight. Only bought the training cartridges. Got a cheap phone mount to put on a camera tripod and put a piece of paper on the wall with a piece of tape with a dot on it. Works for us. G-Sight runs sales every now and then and got ours when the price was reduced. GF has a striker fired pistol and it really showed what she needs to work on. Mine is single action and she shoots it much better. I have to cock mine after every shot for obvious reasons.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post
    GF and I each have G-Sight. Only bought the training cartridges. Got a cheap phone mount to put on a camera tripod and put a piece of paper on the wall with a piece of tape with a dot on it. Works for us. G-Sight runs sales every now and then and got ours when the price was reduced. GF has a striker fired pistol and it really showed what she needs to work on. Mine is single action and she shoots it much better. I have to cock mine after every shot for obvious reasons.
    Thanks for replying.

11. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    I have one of these also and highly recommend it.
    Never do a wrong thing to make a friend or keep one.
    R.E.L

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro
    200 Mercury ProXS
    2x10’ Talons

13. Member
    We got a SIRT “laser” gun from nextleveltraining.com. Works with an iPad app. Lots of pandemic, stuck in the house fun for the wife and I. Weight of gun, trigger, and mag release seem very authentic.

14. Member
    Thanks for the replies!

15. Member
    Nothing compares to live fire practice. JMO

16. Member
    The military trains with lasers in pretty much all their weapons systems....Anytime you can spend time with the weapon in your hands practicing good form your going to get better ..
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 08-02-2021 at 09:50 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

17. triton
    I have a similar laser training system for "shotguns" and it works great....also allows you to sight in your shotgun for
    point of impact. Shotgun training system is for sporting clays, skeet and trap.

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

18. Member
    Thank you all, for your replies.

19. Member
    Son owns one but don’t remember the brand. He bought it for his wife who doesn’t like it . It does work but it’s just not the same as dealing with the real thing. But still it beats not practicing.

Replica airguns are cheap /fun practice also. Check out Air Gun Depot. I have Crosman AR and Glock 17 CO2 airguns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast