Power Pole Question?

I have dual power poles on my boat and recently the past month when I double tap my foot control the driver side power pole would come up but the passenger side would not. I thought It may been stuck in the ground some so I would use the trolling motor and move the boat some to see if it was lodge and push the up button on the foot control again and it would come up. Then when I get off the water and on the trailer check them by raising and lowering them and they worked fine.

But yesterday out on the water it happened again and the passenger side pole would not come up and I trolled out into open water to make sure it was not stuck. Neither my fob or foot controls would lift pole up when pressed. I even went back to the pump and pressed the up button on it and it would not raise. I could hear the motor running tho. But after about 5 minutes of tinkering with it I tried the fob again and it raised up.

So my question is, do you think its the circuit board and should I change it? Thanks!

I would go in the app and lower the raise sensitivity to a 4. This may be enough to fix your issue
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I would swap circuit boards from working pole see if problem follows board. The fact you could gear it running but pole not retracting sounds like valve issue , when's last time checked screens /changed fluid?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    I would swap circuit boards from working pole see if problem follows board. The fact you could gear it running but pole not retracting sounds like valve issue , when's last time checked screens /changed fluid?
    I finally got time to look at it yesterday. Both motors are running and don't seem to be a circuit board or electrical issue. What is weird is I played around with them in the garage and the other power pole seems to not be working either. I have to put them on the highest sensitivity level for them to be able to come back up and even then they look like they are struggling to close. If i put them on slow setting they will go down but will not go back up. Neither one will.

I bought these poles used last December. I took them to a dealer to be installed. The tanks were already half full of fluid when I got them. So I don't know if the dealer changed all the oil or just filled them up to full with new fluid in February.

So i am going to order new fluid and change. While i have pumps out I will check the screens. What else would I need to do while I have the pumps out?

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EKY-Ranger View Post
    I finally got time to look at it yesterday. Both motors are running and don't seem to be a circuit board or electrical issue. What is weird is I played around with them in the garage and the other power pole seems to not be working either. I have to put them on the highest sensitivity level for them to be able to come back up and even then they look like they are struggling to close. If i put them on slow setting they will go down but will not go back up. Neither one will.

I bought these poles used last December. I took them to a dealer to be installed. The tanks were already half full of fluid when I got them. So I don't know if the dealer changed all the oil or just filled them up to full with new fluid in February.

So i am going to order new fluid and change. While i have pumps out I will check the screens. What else would I need to do while I have the pumps out?
    bet is your going to find the snot inside clogging your screens, ( do not wipe them) my guess is they were never maintained by previous owner. have fluid instock ready to ship

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    bet is your going to find the snot inside clogging your screens, ( do not wipe them) my guess is they were never maintained by previous owner. have fluid instock ready to ship
    How do I clean the screens? Is it better to call the number you have listed or do you have a website to order from? Thanks a lot!

I would inspect the bolts that are in the anchor themselves. All of them except the bottom two on each anchor are only supposed to be on half a thread past the nut. Obviously if they are tightened more than that you can't undo it 2 or three laps but you could back them off a small amount you discover they appear to be to tight.

8. Scraps
    Wonder if they didn't do the fluid prime procedure properly too.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    I would inspect the bolts that are in the anchor themselves. All of them except the bottom two on each anchor are only supposed to be on half a thread past the nut. Obviously if they are tightened more than that you can't undo it 2 or three laps but you could back them off a small amount you discover they appear to be to tight.
    Bolts appear to be good. I have hand tighten the bottom two bolts. I don’t think that would cause a issue would it? Everything seemed to work fine this spring. It just started the past month or so

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    How do I clean the screens? Is it better to call the number you have listed or do you have a website to order from? Thanks a lot!
    Can call our office ##..

11. Member
    Just to update: Took the pumps out and cleaned them. They was nasty by the way lol. Still did not fix my problem. Contacted power pole and they suggested replacing the valves first. They sent me two sets of valves and had them at my house in 2 days. Replaced the valves and poles still moved very slowly on high speed. Contacted power pole the next day and they suggested letting them look at the pumps. Sent the pumps out on Friday afternoon and power pole had them fixed and shipped back to me by the next Thursday. The customer service I dealt with and the quickness to get me back on the water by far can not be beat. If you are on the edge of deciding to buy a power pole or looking at the competitors anchor system. Choose power pole because the service I got, you would not get from any other brand. They are top of the line.

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Just to update: Took the pumps out and cleaned them. They was nasty by the way lol. Still did not fix my problem. Contacted power pole and they suggested replacing the valves first. They sent me two sets of valves and had them at my house in 2 days. Replaced the valves and poles still moved very slowly on high speed. Contacted power pole the next day and they suggested letting them look at the pumps. Sent the pumps out on Friday afternoon and power pole had them fixed and shipped back to me by the next Thursday. The customer service I dealt with and the quickness to get me back on the water by far can not be beat. If you are on the edge of deciding to buy a power pole or looking at the competitors anchor system. Choose power pole because the service I got, you would not get from any other brand. They are top of the line.

13. Member
    Yes they are! You may want to replace the bushings and bolts also. They make a kit for that. Mine now work good as new!