Strange oil leak

Serial number 1b904110
    Pro XS 225 201

oil is coming from the treaded hole. What would cause or what do I need to worry about other than getting it to the shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    most likely have a leaking hose on compressor or there is a fitting under the comp that screws into top of block follow small hose with flash light , oil looks green needs to be brown
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thanks will check that out too…

What oil do you use?

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    Premium plus

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Recommended is Optimax/DFI oil (which incidentally is easy to chase down when there's a leak as it shows up nicely under UV detection light).

See if you can get a slightly wider angle (at a little higher resolution) picture so as to reference that area better.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Will try Don it's in port side next to the fuel filter but towards the rear but on the port head

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    well that hole looks too me like its on BLOCK not head directly below oil return line on compressor and viewed in between high psi output hose and vent hose on vst , too far forward to be on head that has no holes on side
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................