Spun Hub or something else

Went to fish a club tournament this am with my 2014 XB 21 2+2, 250 Mercury Pro XS with Sportsmaster, Bravo 1 30 P ( Been worked for the boat ). WEnt to get on plane and it seemed slugish but when it got over 3000 RPM it acted like complete prop cavitation no increase in speed, no bite. Tried different jack plate settings and trim angles no change. Limped back to the landing. Checked the prop and hub (Hub marked 840237-C which I understand equates to a 840389K06 part number) nothing looks odd. Looking for ideas before I call the mechanic in the am.
    Thanks Mike

I agree it does SOUND like a hub issue but you said that it looked ok so that makes it confusing. Broke of a tooth/teeth in the gear set? Just an off the wall thought. I'm sure some guys on here will have some more ideas for you to look at.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

3. Member
    Well it appears that it was my spark plug or plugs going bad. Haven't talked to the mechanic yet but he replaced the plugs, they were original 2014 Pro Sport 250 XS so they were probably due. Took it out for a quick check all is good again.

24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki