Tilt/Trim, goes up fine but wont go back down under load

Hey Guys, i have a 1999 Merc 200 efi and when under load the engine goes up fine but it will not go down with really any load at all, i either have to be in neutral or closed throttle idle. i can hear what seems to be the pump running but no movement. Serial Number 0G911793. Also it seems to not want to trim up once it hits a certain point, very little rooster tail well below cowling so i know it has more to go. Added fluid and bled but still having same issues. Thanks!
    Last edited by kstephes033; 08-09-2021 at 09:59 AM.

2. Member
    Please see announcement at top of forum and provide your engine serial number.

Please READ BEFORE Posting
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    updated with serial number and added additional info

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Did you find the fluid level to have been LOW recently? Some of these older systems may require you to move the boat around (or even "cheat" the trailer so the port side is higher) in order to encourage fluid to pass across to the pump sector.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thank you for the response. It didnt seem to be low, took barely any fluid when we put it in but i will try and raise the port side and see if that helps.