Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    Is it a palm drag style? I am not positive but I would think there isn’t much of a difference in them and with the correct line you would probably be ok.
    I had this thought as well. Might be a little less backing but should still work.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    Of course the only correct answer is to keep the reel, buy another rod for it, and order the 5/6!
    And this is the winning answer! I am a little hesitant to have 3wt, 4wt and 5wt rods.

I’ve got 3 thru 10 wts.

4. Member
    And now I feel like I am missing something. Getting left behind. Not fly fishing enough. Deciding what 4wt I want.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    I’ve got 3 thru 10 wts.
    You should be proud of me. I ordered a 4wt late last night. Originally was going to get the TFO Lefty Kreh Professional II since it is another highly rated series. It's about $11 more than the Carbon XL most places, but $20 more than where I bought my XL. However, I decided to go with another XL since it is rated as the #1 rod under $200 on more than one website. Might have gone with the Orvis Clearwater if it was still available at the listed 2020 price of $198, but the $70 I saved on the XL goes a long ways towards another Sword and fly line.

I also found out yesterday why the reel I received was a 3/4 instead of a 5/6. Went to my Amazon orders and clicked on the link for the reel. Picture clearly shows 5/6 on the reel. However, in the small box where the actual reel size is given was a 3/4. Mystery solved. Lesson learned. I now have a 5/6 coming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12