Help requested - problem solving Livescope issue

I've had an intermittent problem with my Livescope - that used to be 10% of the time and is now 90%. I have it in forward view in say 10 feet of water and is working fine. Then for no reason, it switches to something like 18.3 feet and just blinks 18.3 over and over. Eventually it switches to something like 27.7 feet and blinks for several minutes, then down to maybe 3.8 feet and keeps blinking. Eventually it might switch back to my actual depth at 10 feet and stop blinking and work for a few minutes - but within a minute or so it goes back to erroneous depths and the unending blinking.

I have turned the unit off and back on after 30 seconds, cut the main power switch too and rebooted. Used to work occasionally, but almost not at all anymore. Thoughts?

Sounds like your sensitivity is to high, and your forward range is to far, you can also set a manual depth range of say 13' in this situation. I don't display my depth in numbers anymore. I just look at the left edge and see the depth.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    I would call Garmin customer support.

4. Member
    Is voltage good and steady? I had a similar problem one day and it was just a lug on the switch I have wired in had somehow come loose.

5. Member
    I did have on auto but then changed depth range to a little deeper than what I’m fishing. Did seem to help initially but not now. Distance almost always set at 80 feet. May try to monkey with sensitivity but I need to get on the water during the week when Garmin is open to problem solve.
    Last edited by FryDog62; 07-31-2021 at 01:52 PM.

6. Member
    I did the cursory check that only a moderately mechanical guy like me is able to do. Connections seem ok. I called the dealer and they can't even get me scheduled for at least 6 weeks to look at it !
    Last edited by FryDog62; 07-31-2021 at 01:53 PM.

When using auto depth and auto range the machine will function it's best. I know for mine it will be perfect till 15 inches of water until it gets rocky. However auto depth and range set at 80 feet in water shallower than say 12' it starts making mistakes. If I back the forward range down to 60/50 in 12' it's back to perfect. When I get to 8' of depth I need range inside 50' often times 40', 6'/30'...

seriously when we take to settings to far from stock auto's it is unable to run correctly. If you must see 80' in shallow water you must set a manual depth as well.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    When using auto depth and auto range the machine will function it's best. I know for mine it will be perfect till 15 inches of water until it gets rocky. However auto depth and range set at 80 feet in water shallower than say 12' it starts making mistakes. If I back the forward range down to 60/50 in 12' it's back to perfect. When I get to 8' of depth I need range inside 50' often times 40', 6'/30'...

seriously when we take to settings to far from stock auto's it is unable to run correctly. If you must see 80' in shallow water you must set a manual depth as well.
    Helpful to know what you do in terms of specific depths and distances - I do adjust mine some but not to the extent that you do... will try that next - Thx