Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverrocket1 View Post
    Man you know ya gotta have 300 win or bigger
    Hey I had that problem! Bought a .300WSM to deer hunt....dumb! I flipped a doe over and blew my shoulder back 2 feet! I don’t like that rifle much, went back to my .270 & .308.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Hey I had that problem! Bought a .300WSM to deer hunt....dumb! I flipped a doe over and blew my shoulder back 2 feet! I don’t like that rifle much, went back to my .270 & .308.
    Even a 270win a borderline overkill for whitetail

But...there is a reason i have 3 270s lol...love that round
    Ive never taken my 300wm out in the woods lol...someday when i go out to the rockies elk hunting ill take her out
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Hell even a .270 has a decent kick after a couple shots. I shot my cousins .243 and that was so nice to shoot after my .270. That .243 has killed some big deer too.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Hell even a .270 has a decent kick after a couple shots. I shot my cousins .243 and that was so nice to shoot after my .270. That .243 has killed some big deer too.
    Most folks do not realize how powerful the cartridges that we use to hunt are. Most are far more powerful than what is needed to do the job efficiently.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Most folks do not realize how powerful the cartridges that we use to hunt are. Most are far more powerful than what is needed to do the job efficiently.
    Absolutely. Since I was 6 I put down a bunch of 3 to 500# hogs, 8 to 1500# steers and plenty of deer with a 22RF. Nowadays I prefer a 38-55 for such things. My long range stuff is only used out west. Heading to Africa next year and still not sure of what all to take there.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Syko View Post
    Absolutely. Since I was 6 I put down a bunch of 3 to 500# hogs, 8 to 1500# steers and plenty of deer with a 22RF. Nowadays I prefer a 38-55 for such things. My long range stuff is only used out west. Heading to Africa next year and still not sure of what all to take there.
    Nice I am a huge fan of the old school hyphenated cartridges. Although I only have experience with a few of them.

Here is one link, there are many.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/story...e-to-covid-19/

The question is, if a virus can jump species so easily, how will it ever be eradicated?

I’ve seen stories about deer, dogs, cats, tigers, leopards, birds, and of course, bats.

Any virus that can jump to a bird, is impossible to contain, or control. Add to this, we are being told that the rona can mutate super fast, making vaccine impossible, and the next mutation might be 30% fatal (find your own link)

Believe what you want, I’m just providing the link.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day

Teach a man to fish, he will complain that you stole his fishing spot.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toypuller View Post
    Here is one link, there are many.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/story...e-to-covid-19/

The question is, if a virus can jump species so easily, how will it ever be eradicated?

I’ve seen stories about deer, dogs, cats, tigers, leopards, birds, and of course, bats.

Any virus that can jump to a bird, is impossible to contain, or control. Add to this, we are being told that the rona can mutate super fast, making vaccine impossible, and the next mutation might be 30% fatal (find your own link)

Believe what you want, I’m just providing the link.
    From your link

Fawns given the novel coronavirus in a lab passed it to other deer. Symptoms were mild, however, and there is no evidence of deer contracting COVID-19 in the wild

2nd line.

COVID-19 has been known to pass from humans to ferrets, mink, dogs, cats, and other animals, and this cross-species transmissibility has prompted researchers to test other creatures. The latest: whitetail deer.

pick and choose what you want. I just posted what was asked for.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day

Teach a man to fish, he will complain that you stole his fishing spot.

10. Member
    Just another attack by extremists to contaminate a viable food source for the common man post modern day apocalypse.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    From your link

Fawns given the novel coronavirus in a lab passed it to other deer. Symptoms were mild, however, and there is no evidence of deer contracting COVID-19 in the wild
    Technically “in the wild” would constitute these idiots injecting wild animals with their bs

12. Member
    .243 has too much kick for me. Headed to Maine where you can use a 22 magnum.

"Firearms with .17 or .22 caliber rimfire cartridges may not be used for deer, moose, or bear hunting, except that .22 magnum can be used for deer hunting."

Quote Originally Posted by Treker47 View Post
    .243 has too much kick for me. Headed to Maine where you can use a 22 magnum.

"Firearms with .17 or .22 caliber rimfire cartridges may not be used for deer, moose, or bear hunting, except that .22 magnum can be used for deer hunting."
    I'm not sure I would be comfortable going that small. Doesn't seem like it leaves any room for error if it's not a perfect shot. Is that head shots only?

14. Banned
    Bought a new Weatherby in 300 Weatherby magnum, put three rounds through it sighting in the scope, sold it the next weekend.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BPenrod View Post
    Bought a new Weatherby in 300 Weatherby magnum, put three rounds through it sighting in the scope, sold it the next weekend.
    That was my way of judging the quality of a good rifle...... sighting in the rifle fairly quickly and let cool then check accuracy...

Quote Originally Posted by Riverrocket1 View Post
    That was my way of judging the quality of a good rifle...... sighting in the rifle fairly quickly and let cool then check accuracy...
    I thought he meant he sold it due to the recoil.

17. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    I intend to vaccinate a few with copper and / or arrows this fall.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I did.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Yes I was mearly injecting an observation that hype/price(high or low) shouldn’t determine the kindle rifle to
    get......... as far as size I like a head shot it doesn’t mess up the meat a 22-250 worx if ya can shoot

I bought a .44 magnum lever action rifle only because I thought I wanted one. I shoot about 4 through it that is all I want that thing has a punch. I don’t hunt but like to shoot. Like my 30-30 and 308 but my favorite ones to shoot are my 22lr and .17 mag.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12