internal temp of charcoal grilled baby back ribs?

I'm going to follow the 3-2-1 method for the ribs. I have watched a few videos but no one has mentioned the internal temp when they are done. What say you?
    thanks!

Go to YouTube and search Malcom Reed. Pretty sure he temps. I rarely temp. On ribs when they are bending good and just before the meat starts to separate from the bone they are done. Now I cook for some folks that want the meat to fall off. But those don’t know the pleasure of gnawing a bone
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

3. Member
    Thanks, I have watched and followed several of Malcom's recipes and smoking how tos. I have seen several temp suggestions on smoking meat but little of gilling. I did find one answer. It's here
    Brush both sides with mop sauce. Re-cover the grill and continue cooking the ribs for about 4 to 4 1/2 hours brushing with mop sauce every 15 minutes. Cooking time varies depending on thickness of ribs. You want the ribs to have an internal temperature of 145°F, but for super tender keep them on until 195-200°F. 195° F will still give you a little chew and resistance, 200° F and above will give you fall off the bone goodness.

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I rely on the ends of the bones being exposed as an indicator of doneness. Half an inch or so. I don’t think it’s possible to accurately measure internal temp of baby backs with a meat thermometer.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    I rely on the ends of the bones being exposed as an indicator of doneness. Half an inch or so. I don’t think it’s possible to accurately measure internal temp of baby backs with a meat thermometer.
    Same thing I do. Personally the 3-2-1 method leaves them too mushy for my taste. I prefer some pull. I do about 2-1-1 or so and pull them when I am satisfied with the bend test and how much bone is exposed.

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    Same thing I do. Personally the 3-2-1 method leaves them too mushy for my taste. I prefer some pull. I do about 2-1-1 or so and pull them when I am satisfied with the bend test and how much bone is exposed.
    After 2 hours I start watching for the bones. As soon as I see retraction I go to the wrap.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    Personally the 3-2-1 method leaves them too mushy for my taste. I prefer some pull. I do about 2-1-1 or so and pull them when I am satisfied with the bend test and how much bone is exposed.
    This is what I do.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s