Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Sad day for a Cubs fan

As a life long Cubs fan this is a bummer of a day for me. It was a blast watching these guys(Rizzo,Baez,Bryant) play together. The fun they had was contagious. Hoping it doesn't take another 108 years to get another one. Glad I was around to see them win one!
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

My daughter still has not quit crying yet..

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    My daughter still has not quit crying yet..
    My son maybe the same way when he finds out. Only time this team made me tear up is when they won it all. I doubt we will ever see a Cubs trio like that again..
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

4. Member
    Wow!!! Its gonna be a rough rebuild with the White Sox being a 100% legit contender

5. Member
    Go Reds!

6. Member
    Very painful to watch the fire sale. Big pocket owners and they act like the old Blackhawks... Oh well, there is always the Bears, just kidding.

7. Member
    There is a chance they can resign them all next year but that is a loooooooooooooooooooong shot. Cheap owners.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

8. Member
    Could be worse…..ya’ll could be a bucco fan, make the all-star game, week later traded….rinse and repeat.

9. Member
    Sad indeed but it needed to happen. Good news is they got some good returns in the trades they made today. Only one I’m not happy with is the Bryant trade, he should’ve brought more in return.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    Sad indeed but it needed to happen. Good news is they got some good returns in the trades they made today. Only one I’m not happy with is the Bryant trade, he should’ve brought more in return.
    But did it really have to happen or is it more a case of cheap owners. I believe it's the latter. Ownership that is committed to winning will spend the money.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Bassin View Post
    But did it really have to happen or is it more a case of cheap owners. I believe it's the latter. Ownership that is committed to winning will spend the money.
    A little bit of both. But these guys have not performed the same since that 2016 season. There’s no denying that. It was becoming obvious this core was not gonna get it done again.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    A little bit of both. But these guys have not performed the same since that 2016 season. There’s no denying that. It was becoming obvious this core was not gonna get it done again.
    Fair enough. I would have tried to keep Baez for sure. On his defense alone. Maybe they come back next year. As much as I like Rizzo I can see why they traded him. He's getting older and more and more injury issues.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

You guys weren't the only ones. Washington had a decent fire sale too.

14. Member
    Could be worse, imagine being a Nats fan right now?
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

Die hard Cub fan, but it needed to happen. They really haven't produced since they won it all. They were on a tear early in May then hit the bottom. You might see one or two of them back for a team friendly deal next season.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

16. Member
    Fair enough. I would have tried to keep Baez for sure. On his defense alone. Maybe they come back next year. As much as I like Rizzo I can see why they traded him. He's getting older and more and more injury issues.
    Yeah I agree I would've tried to keep one too. Rizzo was the heart and soul of the team but you are right his age and injuries made it tough to give him a big extension.

17. Member
    It could be worse, as a Braves fan, we deal with a non person (Liberty Mutual) owner every year. It's darn near impossible to win a championship in any sport without a true owner, a person, or family. To succeed you have to have an ego and a drive to win. An insurance company doesn't have an ego.

All kinds of moves being made, hard to follow.

19. Member
    Yep very sad day, I think I will go buy a Cardinals hat.

Geeeeez unknown, lets no get that extreme
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast