Video: 1984 Bassmaster Classic

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

3. Banned
    I was watching an older classic and couldn’t remember who won as it was unfolding....... just before final weigh in Mark Davis commercial comes on advertising his winning lure lol

4. Member
    There are tons of old ones on YouTube.
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...OglKg7w-Bjvj2C

5. Member
    I bet Randy watches these on the norm and reminisces about the good ole days

Quote Originally Posted by OkAce View Post
    I bet Randy watches these on the norm and reminisces about the good ole days
    As does most of us.

Thanks for sharing

8. Member
    Neat to see VP Bush helping out at the weigh-in and being so genuine about it. We’ll never see that again. The music from the intro brings back some childhood memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Mo View Post
    Neat to see VP Bush helping out at the weigh-in and being so genuine about it. We’ll never see that again. The music from the intro brings back some childhood memories.
    Man you not kidding about that music bringing back memories. Used to get me fired up. Couldn't wait to watch the new episodes.

10. Member
    Not to be political but this video featured two future presidents, Bush and Clinton. Thanks for posting. Clunns winning speech says it all.

11. Member
    Nets, pistol grip rods, single axle trailers towed by vans, $2 fast food dinners... The sport certainly has changed. That was very interesting.

I actually attended those in Pine Bluff. That one was the first held indoors in an arena. The PB Convention Center had maybe 7800-8000 permanent seats. Displays were around the outside of course. Identical boats lined up. The fish weight was pretty impressive and got a lot of attention at the time.
    Even now, fishing the Arkansas River in Central Arkansas, if there's a tournament within a river Lock & Dam up or down from Pine Bluff...70-75% of the boats are spending time in the harbor at some point.
    For example, during the Arkansas River Big Bass Tournament, a 2 day event in mid- June covering the river system in Arkansas and grouped by pools with hourly weigh-in, Pine Bluff usually surrenders one of the top 3-5 bass overall, in the 6-7 lb range.

13. Member
    I was there -- that was the only Bassmaster classic I have ever attended -- I didn't know at the time that it was going to be such a "Classic". Rick Clunn had the crowd on the edge of their seats.

14. Member
    Shotgun start, I remember those well. Cut my teeth on Tuesday night tournaments on Lake Hamilton, Hot Springs, AR. Shotgun starts were the norm. Some came just to race not to fish. Just ask Mark Davis, he'll tell you.

15. Member
    I was at the final weigh-in also. Had to walk through metal detectors (Vice President George HW Busch) and I remember the secret service guys scanning the crowd, they never once looked at the stage.

16. Member
    Lynn dollar on YouTube has a lot of those Bassmaster and FLW videos from the 80’s on up to 2000 something. I enjoy going back and watching them once in a while.

17. Member
    I love watching those old classics and the bob Cobb era bassmasters in general..

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    Nets, pistol grip rods, single axle trailers towed by vans, $2 fast food dinners... The sport certainly has changed. That was very interesting.
    kind of interesting you don’t see more guys traveling in vans. You’d think it’d be a great cost saver, plus eliminate the hassle of guys hauling an extra truck and trailer. For some reason everyone has a lifted truck for especially bad Highway mileage haha.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

20. Member
    Man, I graduated High School, and me and my best friend spent these 3 days at this classic. Thanks for sharing and what memories. BTW we pulled his boat, a 16ft flat bottom with an 18 horse motor and pulled it with a mercury bobcat and fished the first 2 days on the river with the pros. We must have looked like Harry and Charlie lol.