Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    You really aren’t paying attention. You will see more food inflation as the year progresses. Do you think the hot weather and drought across much if the country has no impact on food production? 500,000 acres of vegetables in California alone not planted this year. Processing tomato production down, 3rd consecutive poor potato crop, lousy wheat yields, etc.
    If you think hot weather in California is causing inflation across the board you aren't paying attention. It's the unneeded stimulus, the printing of trillions of dollars by the current administration, infused into the economy, that is causing inflation.

2. Banned
    Little over 5% right?

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishfinger View Post
    If you think hot weather in California is causing inflation across the board you aren't paying attention. It's the unneeded stimulus, the printing of trillions of dollars by the current administration, infused into the economy, that is causing inflation.
    Actually the fed started printing an extra 500 billion each month September 2019......... add up the stimulus money injected into economy.

The wife and I were on a road trip and stopped at Mickey D's (only time we eat there).

$16 for both of us but the double quarter pounder was pretty good.

5. Member
    I’m just going to keep repeating this forever until people understand what is going on.

The US and world economy solely functions on the transportation of goods. Our transportation system is beyond stressed and I would say close to a breaking point of failure in certain sections of the country.
    Our driving force has been aging for years. COVID accelerated retirements and voluntary terminations. The younger generations do not want to work the hours we work. The driving force keeps shrinking at a frightening pace. 20-25% of gasoline tankers are parked in the US with no qualified drivers to drive them. My pay has increased a lot in the last 4 years. Making 6 figures driving a company truck is becoming the norm not the exception. That cost just reverberates thru the entire system on down to the consumer. For example most grocery shelf goods, Have been transported from ingredients to final product to on the shelf 10-12 times.
    Inflation is going to become rampant until this problem is addressed.

6. Member
    I remember back in 2009 I would go to McDonald’s during my senior year in high school and get a lunch for $3.78. That same thing today is over $5. Not a big jump but that’s just stuff that used to be off the dollar menu. When me and my wife go to McDonald’s now, it’s $19-$25 depending on what we get.

it’s to the point where fast food isn’t cheap anymore. Mom and pop diners or small restaurants are cheaper than the small town family run places.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

7. Member
    Wait till they just print another 1.2 plus 3.5 trillion out of thin air and toss that out into the economy.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    Our lodge has used a first of the month breakfast for several years as a fundraiser. We feed around 250 people in house each month and deliver 60 to 80 to go meals to various places in town. The in house is a buffet. For any particular breakfast we go through:

45 to 60 pounds of laid out bacon
    2 cases of sausage patties (15 pound each)
    about 16 pounds of bologna
    70 pounds of egg product
    2 cases of biscuits
    3 cases of gravy mix
    2 big boxes of pancakes
    2 large pancake syrups
    6 gallons of milk
    4 gallons of OJ
    and more incidentals

We cook the majority of this outdoors on 3 Blackstones and 2 of the 3 burner gas camp type King Kooker stoves.

From the June breakfast to the July breakfast our food costs increased over $175. That may not sound like much but it has been increasing all along roughly $80 or so a month. We have been warned to expect that to continue.

With breakfast they get a drink. Coffee, Milk, OJ, Coke or water. The price of soft drinks has went from 3 12 packs for about $10 at Kroger to $4.99 per 12 pack and no discount for 3.

We go through half of a 30lb gas cylinder for each appliance each month. There's 5 cylinders. Gas has gone from around $75 to fill the cans to around $130.

Each person of course gets a plate, a knife fork and spoon, and a handful of napkins. They also mostly get a coffee cup. The cost of the paper and styrofoam products has risen quite a bit. We figured that we have around $1.10 or so now in paper type products per customer before any food goes out. Now, I know there will be people yelling shortly "I can get them cheaper somewhere else." Well, probably so, but having to shop over 15 places to see who's got the cheapest forks is asking a lot of the guys. Plus we have to use a dispenser for this stuff for health department rules and not all products fit in the dispenser. I tried some Sam's club utensils in the dispenser this week because they are cheaper than the ones we buy that are the same brand as the dispenser. They won't go through our gosheen. Start substituting brands and we'd soon have a storage room full of dispensers that also cost money.

So yes, Food is going up. It's a variety of reasons. For restaurants, it's the cost of food, the cost of incidental products like napkins and straws, increased wages of workers, increased costs of utilities, gas, you name it.

9. Member
    I ship food products for living. Trucks rates have skyrocketed in last few months.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    My grocery bill has been around the same. I just buy what’s on sale. I know meat has went up but there’s always something on sale. I just don’t remember jimmy johns being near the high.
    maybe its just south dakota but that seems to be what jimmy johns has always cost here i remember paying that back when they opened here in like 2005.

11. Member
    Not just fast food...it's going to be everything- load up on senkos, frogs, and terminal tackle lol

12. Member
    Shit family of three went to DQ for dinner and ice cream, yup $35. I almost had a heart attack when I heard that.

This is getting ****ing Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by sdfisherman1995 View Post
    maybe its just south dakota but that seems to be what jimmy johns has always cost here i remember paying that back when they opened here in like 2005.
    Maybe it is. I haven’t eaten there much and maybe I misremembered.

Everything in the restaurant business has soared in price. Doesn’t matter if it is food, cooking oil, take out boxes, condiments, ect. Alcohol is the next thing to skyrocket. Tuesday my son had Bud deliver 100 cases of bottles, salesman told him when he wrote the order they would be out of bottle beer by Friday ( today). 80/20 ground beef was $1.99 a lb 60 days ago, I bought 30lbs and vacuum packed it. Same 80/20 in the ad this week was $3.98–$1.99 higher a lb—— double the price. Last time Chuck roast was on sale for $2.99 a lb, I ground 5 lbs for grilling burgers.

It is only going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Everything in the restaurant business has soared in price. Doesn’t matter if it is food, cooking oil, take out boxes, condiments, ect. Alcohol is the next thing to skyrocket. Tuesday my son had Bud deliver 100 cases of bottles, salesman told him when he wrote the order they would be out of bottle beer by Friday ( today). 80/20 ground beef was $1.99 a lb 60 days ago, I bought 30lbs and vacuum packed it. Same 80/20 in the ad this week was $3.98–$1.99 higher a lb—— double the price. Last time Chuck roast was on sale for $2.99 a lb, I ground 5 lbs for grilling burgers.

It is only going to get worse.
    Yes sir. My buddy told me that his sales rep informed him of a 40% price increase on cooking oil and he can't get any. He's going crazy looking for some and at any cost. No oil, doors close.

16. Member
    The cost of food has been going up for the last 4 or 5 years. I do all of the grocery shopping and the SALE price of cuts like Chuck and Brisket are what the regular price for sirloin used to be, it has almost doubled. A can of baked beans is almost $2. A box of pasta has almost tripled in price. It was bad before Covid, and the pandemic has only made it worse. We really need to go back to railroads for shipping and local sources where ever possible. Centralized corporate farming is not an economical way to feed the country because it increases transportation costs and crowds the roads.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishfinger View Post
    Don't cherry pick facts - printing started last year. T never saw debt he didn't like - so be honest in your critique.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    shipping containers went from $10k per full load to 18k per full load recently from asia
    We just paid a little over $20,000 to get one on the water heading this way. Double what we paid a year ago.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

19. Member
    Number 2 combo at McDonalds $8.15
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    We just paid a little over $20,000 to get one on the water heading this way. Double what we paid a year ago.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast