Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I am alone now and never eat out anymore so I don't deal with the new prices but we were due to see price increases just hope peoples wages also increase . I can't believe it costs $25.00 for two to eat at Mc D's . What did you order .

2. Member
    Deer population this year may thin out around here. May need to keep wild hog populations.

eat at home or pack a lunch and you will save tons of cash.
    Ranger Forever

I dunno folks - yeah my $5 Footlong may now cost $7, but my real estate is also now worth a ridiculous amount. Talk about free money - I get the massive appreciation but my lender gets the same every month.

I'll take it every time. There are winners and losers in this game.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverrocket1 View Post
    Actually the fed started printing an extra 500 billion each month September 2019......... add up the stimulus money injected into economy.
    So the Fed is responsible for hot weather and drought? Responsible for poor potato sizing in the Red River Valley in ND/MN? A small sweet cherry crop in Washington? The Fed impacts many areas of the economy by influencing interest rates but ag isn't one of them.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by footballfetch View Post
    Don't cherry pick facts - printing started last year. T never saw debt he didn't like - so be honest in your critique.
    So your saying the printing of trillions and stimulus is needed now?

30-50% higher on most everything. Meat is much higher. I smoke ribs a lot and they are over double what they were 6 months ago. Chicken is up about 50%, lunch meat maybe 20%..I notice it. Wife buys pretty much the same stuff every week but the cc charge keeps ticking up. Anyone not seeing it went to the Stevie wonder institute of vision.

8. Member
    find a rancher that sells beef--better that way---I wonder how long this thread is gonna last--tick tick--LOL

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    So the Fed is responsible for hot weather and drought? Responsible for poor potato sizing in the Red River Valley in ND/MN? A small sweet cherry crop in Washington? The Fed impacts many areas of the economy by influencing interest rates but ag isn't one of them.
    If you think the drought has caused massive inflation across the country for EVERYTHING, well then you’re a......never mind.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bass Junkie View Post
    30-50% higher on most everything. Meat is much higher. I smoke ribs a lot and they are over double what they were 6 months ago. Chicken is up about 50%, lunch meat maybe 20%..I notice it. Wife buys pretty much the same stuff every week but the cc charge keeps ticking up. Anyone not seeing it went to the Stevie wonder institute of vision.
    Cattle closed a 122.075 today...4-24-17 they closed at 136.364...I wonder why it's more expensive at the store when the producers are getting less....Hmmmm

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JTN View Post
    Cattle closed a 122.075 today...4-24-17 they closed at 136.364...I wonder why it's more expensive at the store when the producers are getting less....Hmmmm
    Less beef because of the drought. Supply and demand.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...beef-1.6104827

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrodbender View Post
    Yes sir. My buddy told me that his sales rep informed him of a 40% price increase on cooking oil and he can't get any. He's going crazy looking for some and at any cost. No oil, doors close.
    We have learned too. We normally order our food through Gordons and pick it up the Thursday before the breakfast. Last month we learned on Wednesday eggs were not available. We had to do some quick shopping for eggs and couldn't find the product we were used to. When cooking commercially that's sort of a problem because you don't have time to experiment with something that cooks up different.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RKW View Post
    Less beef because of the drought. Supply and demand.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...beef-1.6104827
    Less beef because of the drought should be high prices for producers...it isn't.

14. Member
    Can’t tell prices have gone up? You serious Clark?

15. Banned
    Less beef because of the drought should be high prices for producers...it isn't.
    I found this enlightening.

https://www.farmprogress.com/farm-po...cattle-markets

16. Member
    Well You have to specify what weight cattle we are talking about. I'm assuming those prices are for calves 300 pounds and under. Takes a lot of feed to get them to a slaughter weight of 1200 pounds. Don't forget the price of corn has risen considerably in the last year.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

When you are paying your employees more and competing for good employees by offering better insurance and benefits it is necessary to raise cost or retail prices to remain profitable.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    Well You have to specify what weight cattle we are talking about. I'm assuming those prices are for calves 300 pounds and under. Takes a lot of feed to get them to a slaughter weight of 1200 pounds. Don't forget the price of corn has risen considerably in the last year.
    Fat cattle price (finished price)on the Chicago board of trade... It's the price used as a base for all cattle at a finished market wirght. Like crude oil prices,corn,soybeans,lumber ect.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrodbender View Post
    Yes sir. My buddy told me that his sales rep informed him of a 40% price increase on cooking oil and he can't get any. He's going crazy looking for some and at any cost. No oil, doors close.

Food rep my son buys from warned him of the oil and go box price increase / shortage 2 months ago. He bought a pallet of fryer oil at that time. I thought it was overkill. Turns out he saved money and now has oil which some places don’t. One thing that stretches the use of the oil, with the price of wings, he quit selling them. Dedicated fryer for wings and they ruin more oil then other foods.

20. Member
    Hahaha things change boys get used to it ... hell used to buy a new truck for 10k in 1980.. do you seriously expect cost of goods to stay the same forever in today’s changing world ...you ain’t seen a thing yet

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast