Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-produc...chartId=101718

I don't recall 80/20 Hamburger being 4.66 a pound, but thats what it cost me Sunday.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-action View Post
    Just had dinner at local pizza joint. Looked up price for chicken wings, it was "market value" 10 wings 22.00. Probably won't be eating many of them for a while.
    Friend of mine owns the local BBQ place he stopped doing smoked wing several months ago when the case price went over 180.00. He sent me a text today saying wings would be the special tomorrow since they had went down under 140.00 a case. I know what I'm eating for lunch tomorrow.
    John the Garage Doorman

3. Banned
    I stop in some small towns from time to time and I mean poor areas.... prices are lower on most everything but not that much
    lower but you can pick up all the chicken feet and pig ear ya want

Seems like the price of almost everything has increased in the last year or so. Groceries, gas, construction materials, housing, etc., have all gone up in price. I am also making more money than I ever have as a plumber. Overtime has been endless for the 12 months. The bad part is the boat has not left the garage in those 12 months.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    Friend of mine owns the local BBQ place he stopped doing smoked wing several months ago when the case price went over 180.00. He sent me a text today saying wings would be the special tomorrow since they had went down under 140.00 a case. I know what I'm eating for lunch tomorrow.
    Yea I swapped over to buffalo drumsticks myself ....... lol

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverrocket1 View Post
    Yea I swapped over to buffalo drumsticks myself ....... lol
    I've been doing buffalo thighs myself. Been getting them on sale for .99 per pound. I really like my friends buffalo hot sauce. He won't tell me what all he puts in it says I won't come in for wings if he does.
    John the Garage Doorman

Becks Prime was my favorite burger until last Sunday. It used to be around $10 for burger and fries. I did not look at the price just the $2.50 change from a twenty.
    Finding $5 on the floor took a little of the sting.
    IMG_5175[1].JPG

P01135809

8. Member
    What did your previous combo cost?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee1 View Post
    It all seems a little strange. They were pushing for the $15 minimum wage and the experts were saying how much the cost of food in restaurants would go up. Now the cost is there and people are starting out at guess what? $15 bucks an hour. Coincedence, I think not. Seems pre planned like we are too dumb to catch on the their little game.
    Then it’s obvious everyone working must have got a raise across the board cause everything has gone up!

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    Then it’s obvious everyone working must have got a raise across the board cause everything has gone up!
    I don't think everyone got a raise. Just new hires are advertised at 15 bucks. My son and his friends are pissed that they are making less than the new hires. I told them to protest in the streets, stop traffic and to even loot stores if they feel it's necessary to have your voice heard.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    What did your previous combo cost?
    It has been awhile but I would never have paid more than $10 or $12. They have always been the most expensive, made with Angus beef chuck roast.
    That will be my last unless I am with a hot hook-up.

P01135809

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    It has been awhile but I would never have paid more than $10 or $12. They have always been the most expensive, made with Angus beef chuck roast.
    That will be my last unless I am with a hot hook-up.
    Inflation Wasn't that the question?
    Anyone can get a hot deal

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee1 View Post
    I don't think everyone got a raise. Just new hires are advertised at 15 bucks. My son and his friends are pissed that they are making less than the new hires. I told them to protest in the streets, stop traffic and to even loot stores if they feel it's necessary to have your voice heard.
    They should just quit and apply somewhere else that will pay them more.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    They should just quit and apply somewhere else that will pay them more.
    That was my first response, but talking to kids is like arguing with pro-vaxxers. Common sense won't work.

15. Member
    Jimmy John’s has always been higher than most sub places.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    The fact that meal is still only 2.00 on the extra value menu is amazing. Using an inflation calculator 1.00 in 69 is equal to 7.40 today.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Some day this money printing will not end well. This inflation is just the beginning
    You really aren’t paying attention. You will see more food inflation as the year progresses. Do you think the hot weather and drought across much if the country has no impact on food production? 500,000 acres of vegetables in California alone not planted this year. Processing tomato production down, 3rd consecutive poor potato crop, lousy wheat yields, etc.

19. Member
    Taco Bell $5 boxes are the bomb! In more ways then one. Comes with a Pepsi and Kaboom...any constipation is a thing of the past.

Cheap lunch and keeps the plumbing flowing...can't beat that!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast