Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I was hoping there would a restriction on spinning rods on the St. Lawrence......

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davisd55 View Post
    I am sick and tired of hearing people piss and moan about the “unfair advantage” of Live Sonar. This is no different from high resolution MFD’s that are the size of small TV’s, Power Poles, HB 360, or any other cutting edge products out there. As long as it’s available to everyone, that makes the playing field even. Yes, new technology is expensive, but WE chose and expensive sport. There are plenty of guys that have this technology and aren’t winning tournaments, and there are some who don’t have it and are kicking butt! Like others have said, you still have to get them to bite. I don’t mean any disrespect to anyone out there, but where do we draw the line? Products and technology evolve and that’s a fact of life. We either embrace that or get left in the dust. Rant over!
    No consideration to the future and conservation of the sport. Not everybody can afford the best of the best even if they are hard workers. Not everybody can afford $70k boat.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    Just dumb.....
    +1
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

Having livescope for 2 years I can tell for a fact it won't make a fish bite!! I can tell you this for a fact the guys that are retired or has the money to take off work and fish 2 or 3 days a week are still at advantage period.....I have a 14 foot john boat with no electronics had one of my best out of it.

5. Member
    What about active target?
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

6. Member
    That's ridiculous. My money is that it's being put on by some crotchety old men....
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot17 View Post
    No consideration to the future and conservation of the sport. Not everybody can afford the best of the best even if they are hard workers. Not everybody can afford $70k boat.
    How is new technology bad for the future of the sport? Fishing is only as expensive as you let it be, you don't need a 70K boat with all the latest and greatest to win tournaments.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    How is new technology bad for the future of the sport? Fishing is only as expensive as you let it be, you don't need a 70K boat with all the latest and greatest to win tournaments.
    Absolutely you don't need all that stuff. How's it bad for future of the the sport?! Like I said one day you'll probably looking at an HD TV screen showing the real thing.
    Shouldn't have to explain that. Guessing most people that are upset with this are the ones that own. Idk it's not my problem.

9. Member
    I'm glad to have choice. All tournaments have rules. Let's say a Kayak tournament, I don't own one so I don't fish in those tournaments.
    Now here is my question if the rules stated your tow vehicle had to have crank-up windows, how many entries would they get? Good luck
    Wes

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    The only difference between A rig and this, is you can easily take an A-rig out of your boat. Not so easy to remove livescope.
    Mine is disabled with the flick of a switch. Make it subject to polygraph.

You don’t have to have a $70k boat! It’s the poor me crowd. Unreal
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    You don’t have to have a $70k boat! It’s the poor me crowd. Unreal
    No comment on the conservation part?! Wow, some don't get it.

13. Member
    Live View Technology has become sensationalized and overrated.

To each their own if folks have the technology or not. We all should be able to fish, how we want to fish. Period! I personally would not buy Live View technology because I enjoy the challenge of connecting with my lake(s) natural bio-rhythm to get on a pattern and by using basic graphs as minimally as possible. That's just me!

About 30 anglers from a field of 80 from an MLF event at Chick this past June, whom ALL have this technology presumably, caught 30 or less fish. If this technology was kickin' ass like that, my man MDJ would not have just boated 25 fish on 6/4 at CHICK! Bass fishing, no matter what, will always find a way to kick our asses no matter what technology we have. That's why we love it.

In 4-5 years, Live Scope technology will become a standard and inexpensive feature like all the shit before it.

Blindfold everyone....... Now that would be fun to watch, from a distance.

15. Member
    Who gets to determine what is being "conserved"? I'm assuming you're referring to how tournament fishing needs to happen, not all fishing in general. How far back do you go to the good ole days before you lock it down?

So do tournaments that allow Livescope kill and eat all the fish caught? Catch and release is catch and release no matter the tools used to get your five to weigh in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    So do tournaments that allow Livescope kill and eat all the fish caught? Catch and release is catch and release no matter the tools used to get your five to weigh in.
    You just don't get it. Lmao

18. Banned
    Why does anybody care? The ones bitching the most on this thread are the ones who do have it from the looks of the taglines where they list their (actually, the finance company) boat.

When I fished tourneys, BASS limited engines to 150 HP and it worked out quite well. I was sponsored, so I got my stuff, boat, engine, TM, electronics, rods, reels, and baits for FREE. Today, I could easily afford an $80K boat today and pay cash for it, but to me, it's a damn stupid move no matter how one looks at it. They aren't worth half that money IMO, but like the saying goes, "a sucker is born every minute", and there are a helluva lot of suckers out there today, playing on money they don't have but are responsible for.

The livescope is incredibly impressive, but I passed on it when I chose electronics for my 89 Champion, which I restored.

You don't like the rules, then man up, put on your big girl panties and walk away, but don't pull this "you can't afford it" as some kind of reason. I bet most who have it, paid with it on credit, not cash.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcrider55 View Post
    Why does anybody care? The ones bitching the most on this thread are the ones who do have it from the looks of the taglines where they list their (actually, the finance company) boat.

When I fished tourneys, BASS limited engines to 150 HP and it worked out quite well. I was sponsored, so I got my stuff, boat, engine, TM, electronics, rods, reels, and baits for FREE. Today, I could easily afford an $80K boat today and pay cash for it, but to me, it's a damn stupid move no matter how one looks at it. They aren't worth half that money IMO, but like the saying goes, "a sucker is born every minute", and there are a helluva lot of suckers out there today, playing on money they don't have but are responsible for.

The livescope is incredibly impressive, but I passed on it when I chose electronics for my 89 Champion, which I restored.

You don't like the rules, then man up, put on your big girl panties and walk away, but don't pull this "you can't afford it" as some kind of reason. I bet most who have it, paid with it on credit, not cash.
    Getting an boat over 150 hp is a stupid move? I understand even 20’ bass boats aren’t the best big water ride, but I sure as hell wouldn’t want to get beat to death in a smaller boat.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

20. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    Just dumb.....
    agreed whats next no graph tournaments, no spotlock trolling motors allowed Live scope is a tool in the toolbox, its not a magic box that puts fish in the boat. Alot of times its a detriment as you spend more time trying to get fish to bite that either arent bass or just wont eat.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 07-30-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast