Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Mandatory Vaccinations for work.

So if your work states that mandatory vaccinations are on the horizon for Covid what are your choices if you refuse to get the vaccination? Do you have a legal course of action against this?

2. Member
    I think right now, there's no precedent set. For me, my office has let people move all around the country, so 100% remote work is becoming the "new normal" so to speak. Of course, they've talked about it for years, but this was the excuse to try it. I'm sure it would save them a fortune on office space, even if they paid us more, they could still save. But as for mandatory vaccines, I'm honestly kind of scared of that, because I miss going to the office, it's my way of disconnecting and separating home from work.

Until someone sues over it, we won't know. But in the USA, we can sue for just about anything. Whether you win or not is up in the air. I do know that employers can require vaccines if they are relevant to performing the job functions (ie. if you travel to places where malaria is rampant, getting a malaria vaccine can be required), but this is all new.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

You get fired.

I work in healthcare I get a flu shot and now covid.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    I think right now, there's no precedent set. For me, my office has let people move all around the country, so 100% remote work is becoming the "new normal" so to speak. Of course, they've talked about it for years, but this was the excuse to try it. I'm sure it would save them a fortune on office space, even if they paid us more, they could still save. But as for mandatory vaccines, I'm honestly kind of scared of that, because I miss going to the office, it's my way of disconnecting and separating home from work.

Until someone sues over it, we won't know. But in the USA, we can sue for just about anything. Whether you win or not is up in the air. I do know that employers can require vaccines if they are relevant to performing the job functions (ie. if you travel to places where malaria is rampant, getting a malaria vaccine can be required), but this is all new.
    There were already lawsuits. They lost. Your employer can make it mandatory.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    You get fired.

Wife works healthcare also....Same at her work place.

6. Member
    You get fired.

What about your religious beliefs? Can they still fire you? I thought Title 7 of the Civil Rights Act offered protection in this regard?

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    What about your religious beliefs? Can they still fire you?
    You can file religious or medical exemptions, Just like the flu shot. They do not have to accept it though.

I guess it depends where you live. NC is "Right to hire, Right to fire.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

9. Member

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    If you fall into a protected class they can’t fire you, but they can put SO many restrictions on you that you quit!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

11. Member
    I don’t understand how they can mandate an experimental drug. It is NOT fda approved. I think it’s bull5hit. Just take the firing and all the unemployment that comes with it along with all the extra cash they are giving out freeloaders right now.

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Your choices are simple, get the vax or a new job. It sucks, I hate the idea of mandatory vax, but theres nothing we can do about it.
    Thanos was the hero

13. Banned
    No way I'd sign that document!

14. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
    I don’t understand how they can mandate an experimental drug. It is NOT fda approved. I think it’s bull5hit. Just take the firing and all the unemployment that comes with it along with all the extra cash they are giving out freeloaders right now.

But it will be fda approved
    Thanos was the hero

"I do know that employers can require vaccines if they are relevant to performing the job functions (ie. if you travel to places where malaria is rampant, getting a malaria vaccine can be required), but this is all new."

Just get thet shot(s). Vaccinations have almost eradicated a bunch of diseases, indicating that they work. OTOH, nothing like a good plague to thin the herd and make more parking spaces available at the mall.

Hotdogs and McChicken.jpg
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

16. Member
    You can file religious or medical exemptions, Just like the flu shot. They do not have to accept it though.
    If they do not accept it or abide by it then it is discrimination and legal action can be pursed correct?

17. Member
    There were already lawsuits. They lost. Your employer can make it mandatory.
    They lost because it was transferred to another court. That court was liberal. Same as with IU in the norther part of the state.. Oh yeah, IU is giving Fauci an award now.

If they do not accept it or abide by it then it is discrimination and legal action can be pursed correct?
    I mean if you say something stupid like the bible says its bad. You better enjoy pissing money away on lawyers. Because a good lawyer is going to use the bible against you back. So you better have a really good example. and as for medical. I mean a dr is going to say why you cant have it so unless its some half ass thing they are gonna accept.

19. Member
    Correct, its a trial vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Correct, its a trial vaccine
    Incorrect.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast