24v to 12v Converter for electronics

Anyone using something like this for running fish finder of of 24v?
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08YYJMGJ1/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

If in a bass boat application this is complicating the system for no reason and even if the device is efficient it is still not as efficient as booking up to a 12 volt battery. If you explain exactly what your thinking of doing we can specifically state why you shouldn't and give you appropriate remedies that you won't have to spend money on.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    It will function, but if you are planning to run the unit from your trolling motor batteries there is the possibility of interference and you may disable the noise reduction circuit if you are using a built-in transducer.

What are you trying to accomplish doing it that way?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Look at the data plate on the back of unit or in
    the owners manual, some fish finders can run on 24 volts.

5. Member
    Interference is my main concern if i did use one that is why I'm asking. My cranking battery is a bit small so I was thinking it would be nice to just use my trolling motor batteries to run the electronics. That way I don't have to worries about a dead battery. The plan is to get a lithium for a house battery at some point. It's only a 16.5f Lund so if it would work it would help keep battery weight down is my main goal. I'm using a Lowrance fs9 so don't think 24v is an option. As far as making it complicated for no reason I am good at doing that!
    Again just mostly curious if anyone tried on and what the results were.
    Thanks for the replies all.

You can just take the sonar wire to one batteries +- it will still be 12.x volts, it may have interference it may not.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    You can just take the sonar wire to one batteries +- it will still be 12.x volts, it may have interference it may not.
    . Yep, that is the simplest and cheapest solution. You may be able to just move your wires from the starting battery to one trolling motor battery.

Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    . Yep, that is the simplest and cheapest solution. You may be able to just move your wires from the starting battery to one trolling motor battery.
    Just monitor the boat for electrolysis, if it starts change the wires back. I ran my power pole pumps off of trolling batteries and had no issues for 5 years.