Elite lakes missing relief shading

I just purchased lakevu G3 Ultra East. Two of the Lakes I purchased it for, Lake Jordan in North Carolina and Lake Moultrie in South Carolina, are both listed as Elite Lakes on the Garmin Lake look up but neither of them are showing relief shading when I view them in the active captain app. Other Elite lakes in the area are showing just fine. I've not gotten a chance to view them on my echo Maps yet. Can anyone else with the ultra Maps reproduce this issue?
    John

2016 Tracker Pro Guide V16 WT w/2019 Mercury 90 4 Stroke and Terrova 55
    Garmin 93SV UHD (Bow), Garmin 73SV UHD (Console), Garmin Livescope (Bow on Fishing Specialties Bowducer)
    Dakota 100AH TM Battery, Ionic 125AH Cranking/House Battery;
    Dual Power-Pole Micros

I see relief shading on both Jordan and Moultrie, at least on my Echomap Ultra and Ultra East mapping card.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Thanks Todd. I messed with it a bit more (still not on my actual echomaps, as I'm moving them from my old boat, which takes a while when you can only work on it a hour or so each day).

Here's what I found - in active captain anyway (which is where I do most of my recon).

If I select "relief maps" and have satellite imagery on, Jordan shows the satellite imagery, but no relief shading, It will show shallow shading if I turn it on. Turning off satellite imagery just removes the land features, but changes nothing on the water. Kerr/Gaston looks fine - Vivid relief shading and ground satellite imagery.

If I change to fishing maps, I get the option now to use depth shading (like in my regular maps) and also an option for water imagery. If I turn on water imagery, it gives me some of what I expected, but it does not appear as clear as what I see at Kerr/Gaston in relief shading. I tried both versions of the water imagery and they look similar. I also noticed there is some very faded-looking satellite imagery on the land around the lakes, but not as pronounced as it is in the relief maps. Depth and Shallow shading appear to cover any imagery if they are on.

Is all this a symptom of viewing it on Active Captain, or is this just how it is - some lakes in "relief shading" and others in "water imagery" and a few both (I think Kerr/Gaston is both, if I recall).
    John

Garmin 93SV UHD (Bow), Garmin 73SV UHD (Console), Garmin Livescope (Bow on Fishing Specialties Bowducer)
    Dual Power-Pole Micros

4. Member
    Still only on active captain, but I've found an option to change the opacity of satellite imagery. This setting is weird. When using fishing versus relief maps, it effects the opacity of both the land-based and water-based imagery. The reason it is weird is on some lakes, the water imagery looks better and better up to about 75%, then the water surface imagery starts to cover up the underwater imagery. But this is only on some lakes. pretty much the same lakes that don't show relief when relief maps are chosen. It seems like there should be separate opacity settings for land and water imagery.
    John

Dual Power-Pole Micros