Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Kind words, thank you. The XRS is my third Bullet.

2. Banned
    I had the 225 looper on my 20 vee when I bought it, I put a bob's cone on it and it improved it by miles. When I put the James Perry Modded 2.5 200 on it with a coned 200 lower, it was faster and handled better with the same prop. Granted I dropped about 100 lbs off the back with the light weight cowl and skirt included, but the boat acted so much better with the 2.5.

Update.....I've read all of your posts and thank you for the input. I have played around with set ups a bunch on this in the past few weeks. Pulled the lower unit and checked gaskets. Lowered the motor all the way( I think 2 3/4 below) and still can't keep wp even consistent. And I'm talking at 40 to 50 mph. I can trim up wp is good and do different things with throttle and it will running nice pressure for a second or 2 and then the needle drops down to 7psi. I ordered the scoops but haven't installed yet. Is the poppet something I should look at? If so, it looks really hard to get to. Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing?

It is just strange how the wp drops out of nowhere

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12