Have I landed lucky?

I’ve just bought a 2017 Lund Alaskan (rarer than hen’s teeth, here in the UK) which had a Airmar TM150 transducer and a StructureScan 3D module and transducer professionally fitted, hooked up to a Simrad NSS Evo 2.
    My question is, can I swap out the Simrad for my HDS Carbon from 2018 and simply hook it up to these transducers?
    i’ve checked online and the transducers appear to be compatible with the carbon, but what will I need to do to get it working?
    I think I may need to upgrade the software on the carbon and the StructureScan unit to version 20.3
    What will I need to do on the carbon to recognise the different transducers?
    If I’m barking up the wrong tree, I’m sure you’ll soon tell me.

Hope you can help.

THANKS,

2. Member
    Sorry I can't answer your question..however, what does a person fish for in the UK with a Lund Alaskan? Doesn't everyone fish from shore there?? :)

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringe View Post
    I’ve just bought a 2017 Lund Alaskan (rarer than hen’s teeth, here in the UK) which had a Airmar TM150 transducer and a StructureScan 3D module and transducer professionally fitted, hooked up to a Simrad NSS Evo 2.
    My question is, can I swap out the Simrad for my HDS Carbon from 2018 and simply hook it up to these transducers?
    i’ve checked online and the transducers appear to be compatible with the carbon, but what will I need to do to get it working?
    I think I may need to upgrade the software on the carbon and the StructureScan unit to version 20.3
    What will I need to do on the carbon to recognise the different transducers?
    If I’m barking up the wrong tree, I’m sure you’ll soon tell me.

Hope you can help.

THANKS,

Your 3D StructureScan will show on the Carbon through the ethernet cable connection; and your TM150 should also be plug and play. You are good to go, and sounds like you know you need to update both the Carbon and 3D StructureScan to 20.3 (two separate updates and procedures). Nice rig.
    ciao,
    Marc

4. Member
    Thanks Marc,
    I've just updated the carbon to 20.3 and downloaded the structurescan equivalent to a micro SD card - after I've updated the structurescan, if there a way in which I can tell the carbon now sees the Airmar and the structurescan as 'default' devices - as opposed to the original transducer I had connencted to it?
    Appreciate your help here!

5. Member
    I've run into a problem - connectors on the wiring in the boat are not the same as on the carbon. The ethernet (yellow) appears the same, the blue connector on the boat is 5-pin male, while the blue (sonar) connector on the carbon is 7 pin-female and the black cable on the boat is 4-pin female, while the red (power) connector on the carbon is 10-pin male. I'm not sure if any converters are available? I can see that I could connect a separate battery and use the power cable I have that fits the carbon, but I'd much prefer to have it all running from the battery in the bilge, both from a practicality and aesthetics perspective.