Rubber mat on bow area

I got a new-to-me troll motor for my tin rig and want to upgrade the plywood at the bow where the troller mounts to something stronger-going to 3/4 ply. Anyway, I would like to cover the area with a cut-to-fit diamond tread rubber mat. What is the best type of adhesive to use for this? I looked at SeaDeck but I’m concerned that it would be a little thick and not sure how well it would hold up. Also, the SeaDeck is kinda pricey being I only need a roughly 2ft x 4ft section. Any suggestions are welcome.

2. Member
    I wasn't sure if I wanted something permanent when I put mine on my boat so I used heavy duty Velcro. That way if I didn't like it I could just remove it and clean off the goop that was left behind by the Velcro adhesive. 21 years later . . . it's still there.
    GRAPH 3.jpg GRAPH COVER.jpg

You can see part of it in front of the graphs.
    2000 Ranger R83
    2000 Evinrude Ficht 150
    MG Trolling Motor
    Garmin ECHOMAP 63cv, Garmin Striker 7 (helm)
    Garmin ECHOMAP 93sv, ECHOMAP 73sv (bow)

"I've got the boat, the rods and reels, the lures . . . now if I could only catch some fish."

3. Member
    Good tip, Kyrangerman. I’m thinking if I put the mat down and then secure the troller on top it would also help with vibration dampening especially given it’s a little ‘ole Tracker tin rig.

4. Member
    Not diamond patterned
    But I used this in the pebble texture. It has 3M tape on the bottom and can be cut with heavy shears. The pebble texture is grippy. Awesome product. Just clean the area with rubbing alcohol. Cut to fit and apply. Simple and effective.

https://www.gator-guards.com/products/gatorskinz

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E-rude_Dude View Post
    Not diamond patterned
    But I used this in the pebble texture. It has 3M tape on the bottom and can be cut with heavy shears. The pebble texture is grippy. Awesome product. Just clean the area with rubbing alcohol. Cut to fit and apply. Simple and effective.

I like that. Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by E-rude_Dude View Post
    Not diamond patterned

i have used the same product and like it.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois