Question 225 CARB MERCURY SALTWATER SERIES ON MY 209 GAMBLER

<0G041892>

Hey All,
    I was wondering what to expect from this motor. My 200 efi scored the pistons. I'm putting this on but it has an alarm issue. At 1500 rpm it sounds the overheat alarm. Not making sense. But water pump is replaced.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 08-01-2021 at 02:40 PM.

2. Member
    Do you have a water temperature gauge and water pressure gauge? If so, what are they reading?
    Have you inspected / cleaned / replaced the thermostats?

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

How many gaskets were replaced when the water pump was replaced?

SOLID tone (continuous) or Four Beeps, Pause, Four Beeps?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Water gauge idle is 5 psi running is 10 to 15 psi. I'm thinking 2 gaskets and o-ring.

5. Member
    Continuing beeping

6. Member
    sn OG041892 sorry Don. i have my doubt its overheating, does this motor have protection mode?

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It does have some limited power limitation features in it's ECU.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor